Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Liquid Injection on SS V8

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Who did your install in Adelaide???

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I have done just over 80k on Liquid Injection and I am very pleased with the set up I still have the power if not more and at half of the cost, and sometimes even cheaper, with petrol at 1.65 today and gas at 79.5 the money to be saved quite noticable. It was not long ago about 8 weeks gas was 59.9. After recouping the cost of the installation, every time that you fill her up you know that you are saving , my system cost about 5700 minus the 1500 rebate and then I think that I save about 2000 per 20000k if my memory is correct.

Sounds good. What's the economy in $ per 100k (fuel cost / mileage) using actual fillup? City & Highway?

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
Sounds good. What's the economy in $ per 100k (fuel cost / mileage) using actual fillup? City & Highway?

7632ks fuel useage 12.4lts per 100 , that is over that period but on average around town 13/14lts , and out of town 12/13lts and a trip to Melbourne , got down to just over 10lt per 100

2t4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Sportwagon
i've got my wagon booked in this wednesday to have a JTG system installed with an 80l tank (65 usable)....

Looking forward to being able to pull up to an LPG bowser again! i've only had the car a week so far but considering this is my first v8 and both cars i've had since 1998 have been on gas its been a shock to the system:whistling

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
i've got my wagon booked in this wednesday to have a JTG system installed with an 80l tank (65 usable)....

Looking forward to being able to pull up to an LPG bowser again! i've only had the car a week so far but considering this is my first v8 and both cars i've had since 1998 have been on gas its been a shock to the system:whistling

How much $$$$$$ for install???

2t4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Sportwagon
i've got it boooked in at Smithy's in Boronia - total cost before rebate is $5900 with the bigger tank.

LPGAS1 with the same tank was $5750

i decided to go with Smithy's after being blown away with his customer service and knowledge over 2 phone calls totalling probably 40 minutes...

if you read pages 3 & 4 of THIS LINK you'll see the story/process behind my decision!! (as well as links to his site - I see your in SA - if nothing else the links to his site have a heap of info on the different systems - vapour and liduid...)

mby07504

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
I had my VE Calais installed with a Orbital Liquid Injection system in about October 2014, it as been working well until the outside temp gets above 20 C deg, I can't fill the tank. I be told by the installer that they can't do anything, Orbital has told them it is the way it is. I have left the car over night & still couldn't fill it the next day because it was still 31 C deg. As anyone else had this problem with the Orbital Liquid Injection system ?

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Can't fill over 20 Celsius ?

When is it BELOW 20?

That's rediculous. I've never had issues filling my LPG commodore. Nor my dual fuel commodore.

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
I had my VE Calais installed with a Orbital Liquid Injection system in about October 2014, it as been working well until the outside temp gets above 20 C deg, I can't fill the tank. I be told by the installer that they can't do anything, Orbital has told them it is the way it is. I have left the car over night & still couldn't fill it the next day because it was still 31 C deg. As anyone else had this problem with the Orbital Liquid Injection system ?
I did have a problem when the outside temp is around 40 degrees. But not when it is cold , try and go to a garage where the tank is above the ground in other word when you see the gas tank, even thou the weather is cold so is the tank that you are filling from is the same temp but the important difference is that it has more pressure, in the tank and will fill . I have done 120k on liquid injection TGJ Looking for the above ground gas tanks has overcome the problem of filling.