Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Liquid Injection on SS V8

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
Hi I have done 140k on JTG liquid injection, when one of the injectors, has failed and leaked liquid gas over the manifold. That got fixed at $650.00, and $165.00 for a new switch. then the old girl was running like a chaff cutter, for several months the gas guy could not find the problem, said that it was a petrol problem , got the petrol checked out by another Mechanic, and cranking time was increasing time and time again until it got to three times out , then all of a sudden after about two months of her running rough and the excessive cranking, it failed , running on gas. Stuck on the side of the road in the country , but got her to run on Petrol, no problem with the cranking time and she was running sweet. well got told that the new injectors will be in about three weeks from Victoria LPG Warehouse, well it has been 9 weeks and still counting , with not sign of them coming yet with the cost of $2000.00 , here is the problem the cost of the injectors and the after sales service with spares is appalling , so it means that the injectors will only last about 140k before replacing them again. The $6500 to install the system and then $250 to service every 20000k $650 and $165 with new injectors $2000 makes it a costly exercise. The fact that the spares are not available is very frustrating, and I would recommend to think hard and fast about which system that you install , ok I have saved about $8000 with having my car on the liquid injection but also the $8000 has well and truly gone in keeping the system going and that is not cost effective

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Bummer

Plus with price of petrol nowdays not worth the conversion.

Running my duelfuel VE(at 140K) gas at 69 and petrol at 99.9 sometimes its close in running costs

Does the JTG have a lpg filter? I change mine every 40K quite a bit of gunk collected in mine black specs etc

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
Hi yes I got it serviced every 20000k and the filters always was clean I do try and use the same garage which is not always possible.What has happened since my last thread is that we still do not know when the injectors are coming in to Australia, gave them a ring and that was a waste of time, it is terrible having a system that doesn't work , it is frustrating so after a lot of thinking and a lot of searching on the net, and the car is too good to trade her in because she is the way that I want her and if I got a new one I would have to do everything again, and I am nearing retiring age, soon, so I have decided to get the old JTG pulled out and replaced with the Prins VSI . One of the down falls was that in the hot weather you could not fill up because the tank got too hot which was annoying to a degree.
Some places wanted a day to pull the old system out and then install the new Prins VSI so the cost was going to be about $5000. With the price of petrol which is very low and not usually this low and we do not know for how long, some places said that they would pull it out for nothing , the bad side it that nothing can be used and not a thing can be salvaged for the new system , the tank does not even talk.
So I have ordered the Prin VSI and pull the old system out and in with new. Which should be here in about a week and with pulling out the old system he will just cut it and pull it out because nothing can be salvaged , which should take about two days.

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
Ok today is the day I have dropped my car off to get the Prins VSI 2 system installed it should take about two days , all I have to do is about 70000 ks which will take maybe two and half years , by that time I may be ready to up grade to something else that will light my fire, also the car will have about 250000 .

RACE5L

Solid cammed
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 355
What a pain. I had a BA factory gas and always had to deal with wax in the convertor. Was eating into the savings I made, but not enough to be upset about. The fuel sender replacement and tank stamp didn't help either. Have a VK LS1 and was planning on doing the liquid setup soon, but not after reading this. I don't do enough kms to justify. It does 11L/100km on petrol.

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
Today I picked my car up with the New Prins VSI 2 and I am very impressed, the installation and the power is the same if not better, with the JTG ,some time when I tromped the peddle I could feel a bit of hesitation but not any more. Will keep you posted for those who are interested.

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
I have done about 5000ks on the Prins VSI and I am really please with the whole experience, at a cost but I feel that is was worth it, had the first service at 1500k and 20000 ks from now on in the next couple of weeks I will have a run to Melbourne to see how the fuel economy is and what I get out of a tank on a long trip