Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

little dent!

Ace92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
goddamnit.. just..goddamnit...

so the basic low down is that i had the petrol tank open, filling up, finished, went to put the petrol pump back on the rack and stumped a bit and leaned completely on the open petrol cap (really dont know the right name for this) and it pushed far enough to make a dent!!! grrr... its tiny.. but noticeable just a general annoyance knowing its there right after i got everything else fixed..sigh..

MY08 Omega if it helps, but basically wondering if i can get in there and pop it out some how or if this will be a bad idea.. etc.

any help is appreciated.. i will put a pic up if u dont really understand what i mean.

cheers,
Ace.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Do you mean the petrol cap filler flap?

Just get a paintless dent removal done. Quick and cheap and from what you're saying it's small so will be as good as new when done right.

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
My car had the same dent in it when I bought it, I'm assuming the previous owner made the same mistake. One day I'll get around to getting PDR guy to fix it, but it's pretty small and doesn't bother me too much, about the size of a thumbnail.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Don't you use the little hooky thing inside the petrol flap to hang the cap off?

Hahahaha... Some people don't give a **** about their cars and just let them dangle. I shake my head every time I see it!

ink

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Don't you use the little hooky thing inside the petrol flap to hang the cap off?
An amazing invention, Im awestruck once weekly...I really feel superior at the servo with my cap dangling gently in the breeze

Ace92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Omega
no you bananas, not the cap that u twist and take off to allow u to put a nozzle in, the actual circle that u push in to open to get to that cap, and it swings open, i stumbled backwards into it