Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

little help please 3.3 black motor

305holden

i have just put a 3.3 black motor in my car but i have way to much play in the clutch pedded in wont go into give me any so i cant get it in gear ...so i check the arm in the gear box and there way to much play ...im not to sure if the box is off a 3.3 black motor maybe its the wrong thrust bearing in it maybe the black motor has a longer one ...im not to sure hopeing someone could help me out thanksssss

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
The clutch cable might be stretched or the wrong one. What sort of gear box do you ahve, a 4 speed or 5 speed?

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
ok bit more info firstly ?

was the gearbox in the car originally, or did it come with the black motor you just put in ?

if the gearbox was already in the car then i assume you swapped all the clutch assembly from the old motor onto the new motor ?

305holden

none of it came out of the car put black motor in went to put gearbox and clutch in but to much playing the clutch cable is the rit 1 still in good cond but it looks like a wrong bearing or something like that

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
What gearbox? What clutch cable?

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Did the motor u put in atm, have a differernt gearbox to the other car where the motor came from?

tigervh

SS.....smokin....!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Tiger Mica EFI VH, VZ SS, XC Barina SRI
Check the pivot adjustment. Also have a look at the condition of the fingers on the pressure plate where the throw out bearing contacts it, and the condition of the throw out bearing where it bears on the pivot fork. If both these areas are worn enough the clutch won't release properly.