Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Little Jap Super Charger

F

freckly

does anyone here know about using one of those little jap superchargers. they only cost about 400 dollars from the wreckers. i was talking to this dude who does performance mods, he's going to fiddle with chipping my vs ss and he said he'd throw a little supercharger on it with a switch so's it can be turned on and off. has anyone else looked into doing this. if so Pro's and cons. i'm just looking into getting a little bit more power out of this engine, before i stroke it.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Probably a bit too small to bother wasting your time and money. Even on an RB30 the little SC14 runs out of puff at around 110kph. You've gotta remember that they come off a 2L Motor. Putting some 3.45/3.7 diff gears in the SS would do about the same for performance with twice the reliability.

The $1000 or so you'd spend is better towards your stoker kit, it's a great mod that bolts into the newer 304's easily.

Cheers

Jake