Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

little problem need some info

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
Hi i have a spare l67 on a engine stand what i would like to know is : the spare engine has 1 inlet manifold bolt missing and i have someone coming to look at it today ik this is not ideal but i have a l67 in a car just wondering if i can use the one from in the car to the one on stand as local bolt shop closed at 12pm today until Monday, if i took out the bolt from the l67 in car then replaced it on Monday will i have to replace inlet manifold gaskets? as they are torqued down would removing say on front the front mid stuff it up?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Should be fine to remove one bolt and refit it on Monday. Don't drive it with a missing bolt or you might blow the gasket.

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
cant ATM needs a dyno as too much fuel and wouldn't ether thank for the tip and info though

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 l67 commodore berlina
Hi i have a spare l67 on a engine stand what i would like to know is : the spare engine has 1 inlet manifold bolt missing and i have someone coming to look at it today ik this is not ideal but i have a l67 in a car just wondering if i can use the one from in the car to the one on stand as local bolt shop closed at 12pm today until Monday, if i took out the bolt from the l67 in car then replaced it on Monday will i have to replace inlet manifold gaskets? as they are torqued down would removing say on front the front mid stuff it up?
Hi brysha just quickly while u r on a l67 lim bold subject. Ive got x2 stripped lim bolts & need a couple. I was gonna try the wreakers perhaps get 1 from an ecotec v6 lim, not sure if they match thou.so can u let me know where u r getting your lim bolts from. Thnxs! Cheers!

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
i just got mine from my local bearings/bolts shop where i am its bearings wholesale but im sure there would be a different store near you sry for late reply had a bit to do last 2 days

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
i also took the rest out replaced lim gaskets ordered titanium ones as i have them for super to lim can get them from a place called race bolts rob in Qld cost me $110 inc gst express post total $115 did that for the shine and to match s/c to lim bolts as there the killer bolts to find