Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LLT Sv6 Pre Cat o2 sensor Removal

Grapejuice47

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Commodore SV6
I might swap o2 sensors around to see if values change or anything

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
How many kilometres has the car done?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Is your sensor socket 1/2" drive or 3/8?
I have had similar issues trying to get one of my O2 sensors out. I think the socket starts to open up when it's under pressure. So I might try a strong hose clamp around it next time!

Grapejuice47

Reaction score
Members Ride
How many kilometres has the car done?
It’s only got 160kms
As for the socket size I’m not too sure I returned it back coz it seemed pretty weak so might use one from mates workshop
That clamping idea might just work lol idk why I didn’t think of that

Grapejuice47

Reaction score
Members Ride
You’d be better just to replace them with new ones and be done with mate, go for Bosch or Ntk
You’re right however we still don’t know what the real issue is
I’m just swapping the sensors as one banks fuel trims is 18+ while other is 27+ so if they change around or something then we have found the problem

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I read in the manual that these are designed to be undone at temps above 48ºC. They were quite specific about the temp :lol:
They are ridiculously difficult to undo when cold.
Don't forget to unplug the sensor when undoing them and best to disconnect the battery first.

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
You’re right however we still don’t know what the real issue is
I’m just swapping the sensors as one banks fuel trims is 18+ while other is 27+ so if they change around or something then we have found the problem

Either way you have a problem on both banks so swapping them for each other doesn't prove anything .

Whilst checking for vacuum leaks did you check for unmetered air before the inlet manifold like the breather hose, air filter box and the big inlet hose?

Have you checked the exhaust and catalytic converter for physical damage causing restrictions?

Have you done any work recently with the inlet manifold that required you to remove it and if so did you use a new gasket when you put it back together?

Grapejuice47

Reaction score
Members Ride
Either way you have a problem on both banks so swapping them for each other doesn't prove anything .

Whilst checking for vacuum leaks did you check for unmetered air before the inlet manifold like the breather hose, air filter box and the big inlet hose?

Have you checked the exhaust and catalytic converter for physical damage causing restrictions?

Have you done any work recently with the inlet manifold that required you to remove it and if so did you use a new gasket when you put it back together?
Exhaust is in perfect shape
As for vacuum leaks I’ve checked every connection after the maf sensor

It could possibly be the inlet manifold gasket however I never knew that needed to be replaced every time it’s opened as it’s a solid plastic part, besides I always used to remove it to work on things and it would work perfectly fine after wards
But I’ll give it a go anyways

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Sometimes you get lucky with the old gasket and sometimes you don't. If you have reused it several times then definitely time to try a new one. It's easy to dislodge it when placing the manifold on top too. It happened to me once.