Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

load sensing proportioning valve

Tony2

Reaction score
I was looking under my VS ute the other day and noticed a valve in the brake line that was sort of operated via a spring loaded arm to the rear axle. I came to the conclusion that the idea of this was to apply more force to the rear brakes when the suspension is low in the back assuming that you have a heavy load on. Fair enough but in my case, since its got lowered springs, does it think thats its got a heavy load on when it dosnt? Does this need to be adjusted? I did notice once when I had to hit the brakes hard it locked up the back wheels first. Has anyone with lowered utes looked into this?

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
If the ute is lowered and the proportioning valve has not been modified (Don't know how to do it....sorry) then yes it will sense the fact that the vehicle is lower (heavy) and distribute the force incorrectly.

Might be worth getting a pro to look at it as I do not believe in stuffing around with the brakes too much!

Regards Guy.