Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lock nuts 20" wheels and Security Alarms

Danthuyer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi all,

I'm proud to say I am a brand new and first time Holden owner :) I picked up an optioned VF SV6 on Saturday and I love it.

2 things however that I need to buy ASAP are

- lock nuts for the 20" wheels which came with the car
- After market Alarm system

I have seen some black lock nuts on ebay for ~50$ which are 44mm long ... are these the correct length for my rims ? (see my garage to view the wheels)

Does anyone have good, bad or ugly experiences with any after market suppliers for alarm systems ? Historiacaly I have used mongoose alarm systems and found the support and service to be great (up in Brisbane) however I have not bought a car in Sydney before.

Cheers
Dan

noboot

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sedan
Why do you want an alarm? Waste of money and won't stop a crim taking your car if they want it.

Tenpinrob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I agree, that what insurance is for. The only car I had an alarm on ( it was fitted when I brought it) got stolen and professionally stripped for parts. The standard anti theft on cars these days is much better. As best you will slow them down at worst you will drive your neighbors crazy with false alarms

Danthuyer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
okay then so if we are scrappin the alarm can anyone assist with the other part ??

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Lock nuts are a bit of a false economy to. If some one wants your wheels so badly no lock nut will stop them.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Lock nuts are a bit of a false economy to. If some one wants your wheels so badly no lock nut will stop them.

Yup, with Jason Brights car they smashed the window, took the locknut key out of the glovebox, jacked the car up in any old spot and took the wheels off and left it.

Tenpinrob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Tick for window tint. Get a metallic tint, quality, not Chinese cheapies. I got jet black, make sure they are going to do it properly by removing the window trims. Don't use the dealer they just put a margin on it from some one you won't ever know.

scotty1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10 2009
this question is not relevant at all sorry but how do i make a post so i can get help

B-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Calais S2
imo locknuts are worth it.
if someone wants something bad enough there going to try and take it but it will deter the wannabees as its not simple

hows the saying go it keeps the honest people honest