Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lock nuts

nudge701

Reaction score
Members Ride
89' VN Calais. 99' vs statsman sIII
Hey guys kinda lost my lock nut key nd now cant remove my wheels i was told a wheel place can remove it wat is that tru or some1 tlkin ####. Is there any other way 2 get them off got the nuts from autobarn if that helps wona get them off so i can buy new lock nut
Cheers all

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Ive easily removed them before with one of them 4 way wheel braces.One of the bigger wheel nut sizes on the brace just fits over the lock nut enough to grab it and undo it.I didnt believe it would work until someone actually showed me.I couldnt believe they came undone so easily.This is a few years ago and these were just the normal round style type lock nut that use the special adaptor bolt.Im not even sure if they still use these type of wheel locknut today.Its been a few years since Ive seen a locking nut,theyre probably a completely different setup now,but if not,then its worth a try.

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
depends on teh style of nuts u have but if u take it into any tire n wheel place they will get them off and fit a new set for u. i no this for a fact coz i used to have to do it wen i worked there

deadstato

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive wagon
get a socket justs a bit smaller smash it on with a hammer and use a breaker bar to undo it. THIS MAY BRAKE YOUR SOCKET