Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lock nuts

Madivad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY11 Sedan
I hadn't really considered it, but after reading the funny thread on wheel nuts and someone started talking about lock nuts. I'm thinking I'd like to get a set for my SV6, but everywhere I am looking, I only see chrome, and one even looked like an anodised golden coloured.

1) Does anyone know where I can get a set of black ones?
2) Are they of any real benefit? Is it a case that if a would be thief wants them that they could easily acquire the required key/socket to get them off?

Madivad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY11 Sedan
disregard, changed my search term and now I can't get rid of the buggers! lol

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
I hadn't really considered it, but after reading the funny thread on wheel nuts and someone started talking about lock nuts. I'm thinking I'd like to get a set for my SV6, but everywhere I am looking, I only see chrome, and one even looked like an anodised golden coloured.

1) Does anyone know where I can get a set of black ones?
2) Are they of any real benefit? Is it a case that if a would be thief wants them that they could easily acquire the required key/socket to get them off?
1) never seen black ones
2) yep they just keep honest thief's out lol,u can buy multy purpose tools off eBay now for about 40buks,or you can even smash the size socket on to it!!

Madivad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY11 Sedan
2) yep they just keep honest thief's out lol,u can buy multy purpose tools off eBay now for about 40buks,or you can even smash the size socket on to it!!
Yeah, kinda figured that. Thanks for the reply

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
Go to spares at your local Holden and ask for HSV ones... They are small enough so your silver/grey plastic wheel nut cover goes over it also, so it doesn't stand out.....

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE

Bull$hit.

That is, unless you are talking about the ones you buy from soopercheap orto...

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
At the end of the day if they want a certain car or rim the thieves will get it... I have them to stop amateurs or piss of a thief.. My car is locked up at night and most days but at the end of the day that's why i have insurance....