Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lock on driver's door, not opening fully???

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
I've searched for anything similar on this forum and cannot find anythinng related to a VX. Anyway the lock on my driver's door doesn't open fully when I press the 'unlock' button on the remote. It pops up and stops about 4mm short of being fully open and I then have to use the key to unlock it. All the other doors open and close fine. What could be causing this??? And would I be able to fix it??????

Cheers

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
the motor isnt pushing the rod all the way up.
in the past with my other cars i have taken them to a mate who owns his own stereo business and he has fixed it for me.
its a matter of taking the trim of and seeing whats wrong. sometimes the rod is bent.

if your handy and know how to pull off and put back on the trim then go for it otherwise take it to a pro

vyaw2003

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf commodore ute
maybe play with the lock part (the red thing)
Get a flat head under that and pop it out, lock unlock, see if it comes up maybe something there is restricting it.
Have you had it tinted latley? (they nay not have put the red lock thing back in properly.
Get freindly with a tint man or a audio guy and they will help you pop the red lock bit out and then just a heap of screws, rubber seal on window pulls off, and the window winder (if you have one) and then the bit inside near the mirror just pulls off.

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Cheers; Problem has being solved. Now lets see how long it will last. After taking the trim off I sprayed some good old WD40 and put everything back. It seems to be fine now. Thanks for the help!!!

danielsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SS 5.7/A4
hey ruso i had that same problem, wd40 fixed it for me for about a week, holden said there was nothing wrong except that i wasnt pushing the button in hard enough (wtf??) ended up putting some industrial strength grease from work everywhere i could on it and its been fine ever since, that was 2 years ago too.

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
danielsan I think it may be the rain which is causing the problem. I only had this problem after I stopped parking my car under the carport and left it in the open. Also where I park at work my car leans to one side (side of road/gutter is on a slope) so the water runs down the window and it may be getting in the door through the window seal??? Anyway I'll see how long the WD40 holds up then I'll put some grease!!!

Cheers

danielsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SS 5.7/A4
hey ruso, you just made me think.... my drivers door is a little leaky..... might look at replacing that seal.

cheers!