Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Locked Boot

Blackferret

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Omega
Ve commodore = boot is locked. It doesn't open by central locking etc. How can I get the light off the dash?

Blackferret

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Omega
The boot wont open with the keys or the button in the glove compartment...i have to pull rear seat down n pull the cable to open it...there is a light on the dashboard ..the one that says there is a door open...this light only came on when the boot locked..
I just need the light off dash for rego check.
Can you provide more info please?

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Dare I say it, either fix the boot lock, possibly by fitting a new actuator ???, or, find the wire to the boot lock sensor and disconnect it.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Try spraying the lock with contact cleaner . I had a intermittent problem with my boot light not turning on . Sprayed the lock a few times and fixed it over a period of a couple of weeks

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
I'd check the boot lock switch. The car thinks the boot is already open so it won't try to open it when you press the key fob or glove box button.

liamcbenson

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Calais V Sportswagon
Hey mate,

What year is your commodore? Mine is 09 and apparently there is a boot defect with the series 1 actuator? I got this replaced under my warranty, it might be related. My boot was doing the same thing, it would close and lock and you'd have to climb through to the back of the car and release it manually.

Bgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore ve sportwagon 2008
Where is the boot release? I have the same problem the boot wouldn't lock and then IDK the boot stayed lock and the boot don't open now and can't find the boot release thing IDK what's coursing it