Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Locked my Keys in the car RACV cant get in need help

Jemmo5ltr

Adrian
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
hey guys so i locked my keys in the car.... awesome! i only have the one key the RACV guy said he cant get in because the dead lock is on and whats best way to get in without paying a lock smith over $200 bucks to get in??? smash a window??? if what ones cheapest to replace? also the beeper on my key is flat so they reckon a new one with gonna cost heaps too anyone know where u can get it done cheap? send me a PM with ya thoughts ty

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Time to replace the windscreen to get in ,it would be a lot easier than any of the other glass

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
How did you get the keys locked in the car AND the deadlock on?

If you have power windows, breaking a window wouldnt be the best idea, not sure how much youd be looking at for replacing the window, but youd also have little bits of glass everywhere.

I had to get a new key not long ago for my VT and it cost me something like $80? something around that mark

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
i dont get it either.
the deadlock doesnt activate if you push the door lock knob on the door itself so if they keys are in the cabin, go get another key cut ($28 without head - you dont need it) and unlock the door.
if its in the boot, i still dont know if the deadlock is on if the boot is opened - anyone?
not being up with VY's, i gather there is no key hole in the bootlid?

Jemmo5ltr

Adrian
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
oh nah my spare key is in the car dont have a clue where my other key ended up too many beers lost em

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
The windscreen may cost $200 + but you get a new screen out of it without any other damage if its done right

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Yeah get a key from holden hopefully you'd just have to provide proof of ownership. A nd no there's no key hole in the boot.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
hmm what a pain in the arse... the only other way i know is to jump on the roof real hard the car will think its in a rollover and unlock the doors :p (its a safety mechanism) but i dont think you want to be doin that :p

lil_mickey

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 253 :-)
if you have RACV windscreen cover... don't you get one free replacemet per year? lol might be the cheapest way.... just a thought

Beer = All Sorts Of Problems, And Solutions:thumbsup: