Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Locking Automaticly when sutting drivers door

[Linkin Park]

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
'04 VZ Executive, '98 EL Falcon, '95 NF Fairlane
Hey everyone

Well when I shut the drivers door the car locks every door then i have to unlock it. this doesn't always happen but today it happened until I started the car then it stopped.:lock::computer:

This would be good if I wanted the door to lock lol.

Luckily when I have had the keys in the car I was at home so I used the spare key to unlock it.

Why does it do this and how could I fix it or how much to get repaired?

thanks for help in advance.

bludeck

Wishlist = Blowa
Reaction score
Members Ride
jj
when you turn your ignition on, watch the screen and wait to enter the options menu, theres an option to lock the doors when placed in gear and to unlock when parker, anti car jacking feature. look in the menu and change it. theres a few options in there.

[Linkin Park]

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
when you turn your ignition on, watch the screen and wait to enter the options menu, theres an option to lock the doors when placed in gear and to unlock when parker, anti car jacking feature. look in the menu and change it. theres a few options in there.

Its not that its turned off. you shut the drivers door it locks the car is not even on the key can be in the ignition with out accessories on or just in the car or in my pocket outside the car it locks automaticly. Luckily at the petrol station when I left the keys in the car i had my window down so I got the key and unlocked it. Also no other option has anything to do with shutting the drivers door with automatic locking. But thanks anyway

Forgot to add to my first post that if I shut the door gently it doesn't lock automaticly and the holden systems check comes up with ok.

Also I have a question the car is not garaged at the moment and in the Blue Mountains in NSW have had constant rain that had been very heavy could that cause a problem because the error has not happened before the rain?

crew chief

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Turbo, WB Ute, VF 2300 Harrop
I think you will find that the snib mechanism itself (the bit you lift to unlock) is sticking half way and the shutting of the door causes it to relock. Spray some crc wd40 whatever on it and see if it helps, my guess is it will :thumbsup:

DJ Ice

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 VE Calais V
I had similiar strangeness a while ago with my VZ which seemed to revolve around shutting of the drivers door, the solution for me was to unlock and lock the car a few times with the spare key. One of those WTF things.

[Linkin Park]

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
I think you will find that the snib mechanism itself (the bit you lift to unlock) is sticking half way and the shutting of the door causes it to relock. Spray some crc wd40 whatever on it and see if it helps, my guess is it will :thumbsup:

Its not that still does it made sure that the lock thing was up completely and a bit of WD-40 but still did it and it only stops if i turn accesories on.

danny1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore sedan
aftermarket alarm installed??? or else maybe a short either in the door lock or the cableing between the door and the car my sv6 did it after all this rain we have been haveing up here in the moutains turned out the door lock was full of water shorting out

[Linkin Park]

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
aftermarket alarm installed??? or else maybe a short either in the door lock or the cableing between the door and the car my sv6 did it after all this rain we have been haveing up here in the moutains turned out the door lock was full of water shorting out

factory alarm. it hasn't done it since the rain has died down

mclod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6
Yeah i seem to have that same problem and live in the far north rain?