Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Locking Automaticly when sutting drivers door

LowVtWagon

LowVtWagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VT Acclaim Wagon
i've had the opposite happen. sometimes when i get to work and have to get out and unlock the gates, i open the drivers door and the other doors decide to unlock themselves. this is while the car is running. (vt acclaim wagon)

nitrouz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
same problem here. when it rains a lot the whole car locks itself when you shut the door.. very bad if you leave the keys in it.

dualfuelcommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Wagon 2007
i've had the opposite happen. sometimes when i get to work and have to get out and unlock the gates, i open the drivers door and the other doors decide to unlock themselves. this is while the car is running. (vt acclaim wagon)
HI, new to site. We have a VZ Acclaim wagon, and can't get the horn to beep if a door is not fully closed when we click to lock the doors. We have to check them manually. Do you have this problem Any suggestions? Thanks

bazza13

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss 5.0
Hi new to site as well same thing happened to me just this morning! Started up car got out shut the door BANG! all the doors locked oops! Luckily I was at home and used the spare keys to open it I have also noticed the door mechanism is getting a little harder to open as well, dampness getting in maybe! I will try the crc thing and see if that helps

Bonus

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6
Sorry to dredge up an old thread....

Has anyone found a fix for this or what causes it? Had this happen to me today, no spare key and car was running - $135 dollars later for a locksmith to get into it

Notice that the door handle from the outside feels odd when you open it