Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Locks!

AlpineRaven

Reaction score
Since my VN wagon's locks are buggered (2 locks and ignition is rooted) and I want to know if the lock on tailgate door is same lock on sedans boot lid? (just askin before I start pulling them out from wreckers)
Cheers
AP

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
as in uses same key? or is the same setup barrel and stuff?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
well, my wagon i use the same key for doors and tailgate ad ignition, so i assume theyre all the same

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
just wondering, there are after market locks and i cant remember what there called, nothing like holdens 1's.... how much are they worth and what are they called? because ive seen them on cars b4 so yeah. thanks=]

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
solex i assume you mean, looking around $100 for a set of front door locks, thats the only price i can remember.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
and where could i buy them from? would autobarn sell em? because i dont think ive ever seen them in there haha and i just want to make sure i have good locks because im going to put fairly good speakers and subs in there, and can they b hooked upto central locking? some body told me they dont work well... dont know if its tru.:D

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
yep, they can be hooked upto central locking just fine, and autobarn do sell em, usually keep some commodore ones in stock.

they stop people shoving keys in your keybarrels, but if someone wants in, they wont stop em.

having said that though, i had a cousins fiance come into work oneday(i work at autobarn), his vl got broken into twice in one week, first, they stole the battery, second the stereo. he bought a set of solex locks, has been fine since.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
you can get 'TYPE R' brand one also (cheaper) & even another brand (cant remember the name) But good as a deterant as said above, they dont offer much more than that really, cus if someone wants something not alot you can do if they determind enuf :(

Ive had them on both my VL's & my VK.

D.

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
The best door lock is only as good as the weak-arse window above it. Still...I've never heard anyone complain about the Solex locks.