Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Long delays on crash repairs.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I think you have hit the nail on the head there.
Every Aus CEO who ever closed down a plant here should be put on a slow boat to china but without enough fuel, along with the pollies who allowed it to happen.

+ people that were greedy enough to want pay rises and do less work for that money..

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Every Aus CEO who ever closed down a plant here should be put on a slow boat to china but without enough fuel, along with the pollies who allowed it to happen.
… and the consumers that wouldn’t pay the extra money for a product with all it’s components made here.

Ah, stuff it, since you’re shipping 99% of the country to China, may’s well just sell the country to the CCP and China comes here.
Wait … what was that?
You already did?
Who said pollies weren’t solving anything!!!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

******* ehh. People trying to make a quick buck by taking jobs and manufacturing overseas have a lot to answer for.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
******* ehh. People trying to make a quick buck by taking jobs and manufacturing overseas have a lot to answer for.
I think it’s more people not wanting to go out of business … you can preach from the podium all you want, but if the customers won’t pay the extra money it costs to make something here, the choice is simply to do it elsewhere or shut down.
If the customers had demanded stuff be made here, it still would be …

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
The damge was done in June and was told then that a new bumper would take until Oct/Nov to arrive but now the panel shop has been told April next year.
We ordered a ZB rear bumper late February and got it yesterday, 9 month wait. I thought it was a ZB thing with the car built overseas but obviously there's bumper supply issue with "real" Commodores it seems.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I think it’s more people not wanting to go out of business … you can preach from the podium all you want, but if the customers won’t pay the extra money it costs to make something here, the choice is simply to do it elsewhere or shut down.
If the customers had demanded stuff be made here, it still would be …

I'm sure that is some of it but there are those business who will take manufacturing off shore just to improve profit margins. Big business does this and then there is government. I'm all for free/fair trade but then government are also responsible so our regulatory system lets us compete or protects our economy. China/ US do this as do most other large countries/economies.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Might make sense if the "accused" regime didn't have the largest proportion of it's market overseas ... I know they claim not to have been particularly affected but that's the same propaganda as the attempt to cover-up the fact that either (a) they're an incompetent bunch of buffoons that can't safely play with their toys without said toys escaping or (b) too obsessed with 3-ways with sniffly bats & coughing pangolins.

Costs half as much to make by the CCP where there's no such thing as human rights or fair working conditions or fair pay.

Have you been watching South Park? :D

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I can understand shipping delays on parts from overseas suppliers but why would a rear bumper for a Redline wagon be coming from overseas?
I actually though Holden stock piled VF panels and Bumpers to last 10 years. They spent about 2 mil on packaging in 2017 for this to store the goods long term. They also stamped 10 years worth of VE door skins as they are different than the VF doors. Surely all this stock has not been depleted yet?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I actually though Holden stock piled VF panels and Bumpers to last 10 years. They spent about 2 mil on packaging in 2017 for this to store the goods long term. They also stamped 10 years worth of VE door skins as they are different than the VF doors. Surely all this stock has not been depleted yet?
Of course not. They probably just shipped it out to china because it was cheaper to store it there, or it could be stuck in Australia post warehouses around the country.

Reactions: Lex

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Of course not. They probably just shipped it out to china because it was cheaper to store it there, or it could be stuck in Australia post warehouses around the country.
Holden had leases some space in Adelaide for this purpose to store long term all the stock they produced at the end of manufacture.