Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Long delays on crash repairs.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Holden had leases some space in Adelaide for this purpose to store long term all the stock they produced at the end of manufacture.

Alot of the warehouse space Holden used when they were operating has been let out.

Also Hamilton Holden (I think was their name) used to stock new parts, but they are no longer a Holden dealership...No idea what happened to all their stock

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
1 warehouse remains at Elizabeth, main HSPO is at Dandenong. I do know a lot of pressed panels have been scrapped at Elizabeth but still have stock of even V2 monaro quarters

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Anyone else experiencing long delays on parts for repairs?

The panel shop is waiting on a new rear bumper for my Redline wagon. I had the option to have the old bumper repaired which I wasn't keen on or get a new bumper. The damge was done in June and was told then that a new bumper would take until Oct/Nov to arrive but now the panel shop has been told April next year. Luckily The car can still be driven.

Yes I work closely with a few smash repaiers as we do all their mechanical work.
Parts are slow but it seems your repairer has no buying power because we are getting stuff in a little quicker.
But we have a few work shops and serve a company that is Australia wide so buying power is a big factor.
If your yearly account is in the millions with a big company like Nick Peludos's dealer ships and there's one part in Australia against a small dealer ship serving a small smash shop.... We're getting that part over them even if we ordered a few weeks after.

But yes parts are a pain atm we had a Jag F-pace at our shop for nearly a year. We've had a Jeep SRT sitting for about 9 months now and the engine only showed up today.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yes I work closely with a few smash repaiers as we do all their mechanical work.
Parts are slow but it seems your repairer has no buying power because we are getting stuff in a little quicker.
But we have a few work shops and serve a company that is Australia wide so buying power is a big factor.
If your yearly account is in the millions with a big company like Nick Peludos's dealer ships and there's one part in Australia against a small dealer ship serving a small smash shop.... We're getting that part over them even if we ordered a few weeks after.

But yes parts are a pain atm we had a Jag F-pace at our shop for nearly a year. We've had a Jeep SRT sitting for about 9 months now and the engine only showed up today.

If a supplier is delaying sending a part out in the hope of a multi million dollar company is ordering it, that shows bad business practices....

To me, if a part is ordered and is in stock, that part should be shipped out at the earliest possible time slot, rather than waiting for "the just in case" mulit million dollar company to order it.

Or is what you are posting about shipping delays over parts some chest beating post?

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
If a supplier is delaying sending a part out in the hope of a multi million dollar company is ordering it, that shows bad business practices....

To me, if a part is ordered and is in stock, that part should be shipped out at the earliest possible time slot, rather than waiting for "the just in case" mulit million dollar company to order it.

Or is what you are posting about shipping delays over parts some chest beating post?

The parts aren't in stock. But when they arrive the bigger account holders get preference.

Who are you going to look after? A 1 million dollar a year dealer or a 500 million dollar a year dealer network?

Over in SA you don't get places like West End and Petter Warren ect ect like we have on the east coast the scale is massive.
Greater Sydney has more people than NZ and Canberra has a higher GDP than TAZ then add the regions on.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The parts aren't in stock. But when they arrive the bigger account holders get preference.

Who are you going to look after? A 1 million dollar a year dealer or a 500 million dollar a year dealer network?

Over in SA you don't get places like West End and Petter Warren ect ect like we have on the east coast the scale is massive.
Greater Sydney has more people than NZ and Canberra has a higher GDP than TAZ then add the regions on.

You mentioned if there was a part in the country, a multi million business would get it over a small business, even if it was ordered a few weeks after the small business ordered it.

And give a toss about what the turn over of a business is...If a small business orders a part before a larger business, they should get their parts first before a large company....ie first in best dressed....

And because you like spruking about multi million dollar businesses and their pull...Explain why My car have issues sourcing parts? Aren't they a big enough company to warrant special treatment?

Then I could mention Peter Kittle....do a little research on what he owns..He is also involved with off road racing too which should help finding info about him....He ain't no small company and he has issues sourcing parts....

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
You mentioned if there was a part in the country, a multi million business would get it over a small business, even if it was ordered a few weeks after the small business ordered it.

And give a toss about what the turn over of a business is...If a small business orders a part before a larger business, they should get their parts first before a large company....ie first in best dressed....

And because you like spruking about multi million dollar businesses and their pull...Explain why My car have issues sourcing parts? Aren't they a big enough company to warrant special treatment?

Then I could mention Peter Kittle....do a little research on what he owns..He is also involved with off road racing too which should help finding info about him....He ain't no small company and he has issues sourcing parts....

Some of what you say is correct and some is off the mark as business is not always about being fair.

When parts are in stock a spare parts ordering and inventory system will automatically allow the orders to be released in order of acceptance and a picking slip is produced in the same order and the part is picked, pack and dispatched in that order.

I’ve seen parts being held because a known big order is in the wings but it’s not a common occurrence.

When a part is in high demand but not available, the backorders will be automatically released in order if a sufficient quantity of parts have been received to fill all orders.

If there isn’t enough parts to cover all backorders then a manual release of orders may be done and parts will be allocated in a fashion that is in the best interest of the company.

No company wants to upset any of its customers but a customer that deals in large quantities on a regular basis will always be given priority over a customer who orders one part once in a while.

They will miss out regardless of the fact they have placed their order first.

I’ve headed service departments for a number of multinationals in the Asia Pacific and the US markets and they all treat their customers this way.

That is how big business does it, not fair but profitable.