Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking at buying VF SSV Redline

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
My car is Nitrate, the colour is the same between plastic and metal. Can not see any difference. I did notice there was a difference on the Blue ones. Seems like it is not consistent.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I'm yet to see any holden, or just about any car for that matter where plastic matches metal with metallic colours, and even a lot of solid colours. Metallic flake and pearls sit differently on plastic panels compared with steel and even aluminium because of a variation in static charge. The different coloured substrates and/or primers for each surface can affect the look as well, particularly if base coats are applied thinly (OE paint finishes). It takes A LOT of experience and often playing around with base colours to get them close. Something that will never happen with an OE finish.

Also, as said, they are painted off-car - and not by holden - so while the colour code will be the same, the batch will almost certainly be different, meaning there's a good chance there for variance as well.

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Got any skid piks yet plumpkins ?

graphicgoose

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SSV Redline
No skid piks yet JET.

Paint is an interesting one, looks different depending on light and reflection. I took some more of the bumpers vs metal panels out in the sun today.

20141222_144005_zps9rggkbk7.jpg

20141222_144011_zpsovgaroof.jpg

20141222_144017_zpsyogt3yof.jpg

20141222_144023_zpsy0vwczpu.jpg

20141222_144030_zps4kfjidwd.jpg

20141222_144040_zpswogxcx0o.jpg

20141222_144044_zpsv7rhmr5x.jpg

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Stock wheels look nice dude !

What rubber comes stock ? Bridgys or contis ?

Senator01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.2
Ditto on the wheels as they look like my old Pentagons ... and don't worry about the paint, car looks fine!!

Can't wait till Feb. I want mine now!!!!!

graphicgoose

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SSV Redline
Cheers boys, I wasn't sure about the wheels when I first saw them in the brochure...but they've grown on me hey! Come stock with Bridgy's, which actually seems to hold on alright hey...with stock power anyway.

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
Cheers boys, I wasn't sure about the wheels when I first saw them in the brochure...but they've grown on me hey! Come stock with Bridgy's, which actually seems to hold on alright hey...with stock power anyway.

Do not worry about the paint....looks fine....do the wheels have a black facia and the inner is a dark grey?......if you do not mind ....how many dollars for the car...did you have a trade in?....are the rear tyres wider than the front?....did you get a full size alloy wheel either with the front tread or the rear tread?

Do not start modifying the car with this or that...do not carry all your mates in it....do not thrash the car...you have an excellent looking Holden that will serve you many many years down the track....just some good advice from one who still has a 7 year old VE SV6 2008 model UTE in show room condition as well as a 2013 VF SV6.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Paint looks fine in the latest photos.

graphicgoose

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SSV Redline
Do not worry about the paint....looks fine....do the wheels have a black facia and the inner is a dark grey?......if you do not mind ....how many dollars for the car...did you have a trade in?....are the rear tyres wider than the front?....did you get a full size alloy wheel either with the front tread or the rear tread?

Wheels are all black, the barrels just need a good clean (pre delivery detail didn't really get to that it would seem). Car cost me around $62,000 for the auto MY15 but they gave me $60k trade-in on my FPV GT, when other places were offering me $52-55k for the GT. So I essentially got the SSV Redline for around $54-57k-ish, depending on how you look at it. Rear tyres are 275's while the fronts are 245's. Full size alloy spare same as front wheels.