Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

looking at by turbo general question

snowy213

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss commodore
hi i am looking into buying a twin turbo set up of ebay for my vx ss has any one bought one i heard you need to change the exhaust flange the site told me does any one know if you have to move the battery box to the boot or anything else i should know thanks.they look like it would be a tight fit.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
+1 on what GR3GA said...

Considering what a turbo and the components required for it to work have to go through, going cheap may have you end up with an engine that has bits of turbo in it.

Unless it's from a reputable manufaturer, etc.

Also, moving the battery would depend on where the turbo's are going to sit... I've seen some installations where the turbos sit low down in the engine bay and then the battery could by all means remain where it is.

Good luck with this... also... have a look around the ls1 forum... they have alot of information on this sort of stuff.

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
what trbo kit is it mate i havea wn turbo kit on my VX clbby, in the (slow) process of tuning it atm

snowy213

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss commodore
the kits they are selling has got two gt30 turbos an manifolds an all the components to fit the turbo just woundering if any one has bought or knows of any one that has used them of ebay.

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
those manifolds won't work with LS1, as they are chev 350 spacing not LS1, which is similar to 308, so in short don't buy this as these manifolds won't fit LS1