Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking at getting into a DSLR but I'm totally clueless.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
As an amateur in photography I could get much better results from my DSLR than any point and shoot I have ever owned, I have no doubt that this may have changed in the 5 years since I had my Canon 550D.

I have some amazing photos from Hawaii and Vegas that I would never be able to replicate using any P&S I have seen.

old4570

Reaction score
Website
www.old4570.com
Members Ride
VZ
A) How involved do you want to get ? How interested are you in photography ?
B) If you are only interested in taking a few shots now and again then there are a lot of cameras to chose from besides DSLR that take very good pictures .. The compact camera have come a long way and take good pictures .
C) DSLR - If you are only sort of into photography then the two major brands are Canon Nikon and either entry level camera should serve you well with a 18-55 kit lens . The DLSR will give you the opportunity to expand on your interest . But if your just a family / holiday snap sort of person and you want more than your mobile phone's camera , then there is a lot to chose from .

D) Go DSLR if you have a real interest in photography , Nikon makes a nice entry level 24MP DLSR that takes exc pictures with the kit lens . I did own the D3200 , but found it too small for my hands ( mail ordered it ) . I shoot a D7000 now in Nikon . I think Nikon does the D3400 now which should be an excellent entry level camera , just make sure you handle what ever your interested in so that you can live with it .