Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking at Modifying my SV6 SIDI with a Supercharger kit

Mitwall645

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Commodore SV6 SIDI
Hi Guys, not sure if anyone can assist me with this but I'm looking into installing a supercharger kit for my 2009 Holden Commodore SV6 SIDI LLT. Just seeing if anyone has an opinion on this as a lot of the stuff I found was quite old and was not sure if this applies anymore. I'm not looking at making massive power but just a nice addition to my car. Now before anyone says to buy a V8, I have plenty of time for this in the future and know it would be a waste of money to do this on a V6 but for the meantime I would love to see what these are capable of and am here for the experience.

P.S please be nice, this is my first post

Many Thanks

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I say go for it. If you do go ahead with it you will be either the first or second member I know of who has actually done it. I'd love to see someone do it. I assume you have costed one up? You will need it intercooled, not sure if you will need to get new cams? But that's something you can find out.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
being direct injection the fuel delivery will be a big limiting factor and prob expensive to change if need be, it's not the same as just getting bigger injectors like port injection, look into that also as u don't want to be stuck after it's ready to go and ur maxing the fuel delivery

Mitwall645

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Commodore SV6 SIDI
Hey @losh1971, thanks for the reply. I have seen some kits that do not have intercoolers but run at lower PSI but I had spotted this one from revhigh including the intercooler kit.
https://www.revhigh.com.au/product-page/performance-ve-llt-3-6l-sidi-supercharger-kit
I would need to get in contact with revhigh to ultimately find out what is included in the kit so I could scope out what else I would need to get. From this kit alone I would see this being around the 15-20K mark without engine work but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mitwall645

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Commodore SV6 SIDI
being direct injection the fuel delivery will be a big limiting factor and prob expensive to change if need be, it's not the same as just getting bigger injectors like port injection, look into that also as u don't want to be stuck after it's ready to go and ur maxing the fuel delivery
That is good to know. I think it would be best for me to get some info from revhigh at least with their kit to see how they are handling this.