Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking at purchasing a 2008 VE Omega

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
103,000 km for a 3 year old vehicle seems a bit to me. Perhaps it was used as a 'commercial vehicle' hence the higher mileage !!!! As with all secondhand vehicles you cannot do enough checking regards to mechanical condition, bodywork (accident or flood damage - some operators are very proficient at covering up and hiding such damage). If you are a member of an Auto Club (NRMA, RACV, RACQ, RAA etc) I suggest that you get them to do a pre purchase check for you. Doesn't cost all that much and will give you greater peace of mind as higher mileage vehicles can get expensive to repair.

It's an 08 model so wouldn't that make it a 5 year old car?

bnicholls

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Omega
yeah I do plan on servicing it as soon as possible, what oil should I be looking at getting? The 5-30?

I'm getting it this coming Saturday, getting excited :D

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
you can use 5W30, 10W30 or 5W40 but you might as well stick to the factory spec Castrol Edge, though i use Synpower instead.
Check the oil looks clean on the dipstick, same on the auto trans. If you wipe the trans dipstick on a white cloth and see lots of black dust then change thetransmission fluid as well, with dexron 6 or a suitable synthetic. Check the air cleaner and throttle body are both clean. And when you get underneath it have a look around the back of the engine for pink stains which would indicate a coolant leak. Check the radiator hose hasgood pressure in it when its warmed up, and holds pressure for a while after you switch it off.
Good luck with it,it looks to be in very good condition.

numeric

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 60th anniversary
also the radiator hose has been changed by Holden to a shorter one from standard as they had an issue with length the new one is shorter with heat rap cost 90 bucks if it has not been done

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I change my own oil and filters.......It's a very quick and easy job on the VE. I use Castrol Magnatec 5-30 as to me the specs. are good, and it's reasonably priced.