Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking At Vs Senator ?

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
my build is 147
Hey kez what was your build date on your senator. Mine is number 796 and was built iin september. Just wondering how fast these oom to be built. On hsv website they also state the senators were based of the berlina shell. Im guessing due to the ele tric windows and irs and those sort of features which the standard commodorss dont all have. And if your seats look similar to mine then.they would.be.the devonish style seats also. The coulson.range look alot.different. i think the leathet had more padding in them.which made them.more comfortable of.a.seat while.still.retaining that sports feel. How do you find maitaining them goes. Sometimes i wish i had leather but i dont how it would go.with the heat and if anyones to know about the heat you will since your based in the isa

KEZ446

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 HSV Senator 185i
sorry for the delay guys, have been away took the hotness for a trip too bris.....BIG MISTAKE lol
my build number is 446 (hence kez446)
yeh the new coulson seats are uuuuuuuugly lol i was told that the coulson is the leather? oh well lol
urm-i consider the front 2 of my seats f'd from the day i saw them, but then seeing some other pics i guess they aint that bad lol drivers in worse then pass, back seat is awesome-i think its coz the back of the car is so high it protects the rear seat from the sun quite a lot. She is parked on the road quite a lot (have kids & its more dangerous parking her in the carport lol) and the usual heat up here is 45+ a day. I would say that they are NO worse in the 2 years i have had her here. They do require more up keep though. T

KEZ446

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 HSV Senator 185i
The drivers gets f'd quick i think because you are in out in out all the time, so regular attention to that seat in particular in warranted. Until i have the $ i have my front 2 covered in hot pink lol lambswool covers :p
need to keep an eye on the steering wheel too...gets some where & tear there as well. They only HUGE CONCERN with the heat is the bloody pass airbag cover (same problem as all commos) it has popped up :(
hope this helps :)

as for the recent drive to bris.....the water pump ceased, which blew the drive belt & started the radiator boiling 481km from civilisation...no phone, no help....had to fill her with cold water both in recovery tank & radiator tank (when you live in the outback-ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS carry water with you on long drives!) Then I had to limp her with no cooling system @ 35km an hour to the next tiny town 48km away....took me nearly 3hrs, thought i would of got totalled by a road train-but nope never saw one (ODD!!!) Then i waited 7.5hrs on the side of the road for the tow truck to come from charters towers....got to charters at midnight that night :(

THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION YOU ARE THINKING AT THIS POINT IS:

NOPE i didnt cook the heads :)

Hubby is a engine reconditioner & because i was going the 2000km to bris myself made me SWEAR to keep an eye on the temp. After the huge bang in felt in the car, (which i thought was a pot hole) i pulled up for 15min checking her out for possible damage-nope nothing seen. Off again 5km down the road a little bag (thought another pot hole or bump in road) minute later battery light. Thought gun it to next town! Second thought...check temp-temp ok...hmmm third thought (was doing 130kph) brake! Check temp again-temp shoots up FARKKKKK! can hear radiator bubbling. managed to pull over in great safe haste just as the temp alarm goes off & switch her off. Mangaged to get radiator cap off with minimal burns :/ Filled her up with cold water and sat there for over an hour. Then realised i would have to drive my severly wounded pride & joy to a phone...CRAP! Worked out the speed in which she would comply and not raise the temp-35kph, hazards on and away i went. Worst drive of my life. Pulled into some outta the way town and pulled over radiator bubbling away again :(

then after 7.5hrs we got towed-that was saturday/early hrs sunday-by tuesday arvo she was all fixed!!!!! Replaced the radiator cap on wednesday morning as was leaking & off to bris i went. No probs since!!!!

THANK GOD THESE BABIES WERE MADE WITH CAST IRON BLOCKS & CAST IRON HEADS :) and for a female having to drive it in that condition & not F ing it-i think i did pretty freaking well :p

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
Damb that would have sucked. Least you paid attention to the gauges and saved your motor.