Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for a cheap respray in melbourne

VS-S-PACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S 5 SPEED MANUAL
Hey guys, can anyone do me a cheap respray? i have a fairly straight vs spac commodore and just want a simple 2 pak re spray

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Just call around a couple of the smaller panel shops in your area. Let them know how much you want to spend. Just be aware "cheap" means. Your not going to get a quality respray. As the old saying goes,"you get what you pay for"

Faynt11

Feeder of Trolls
Reaction score
Members Ride
07' VE SV6 Ute
just be aware that a decent respray goes for around 5-6k so if you pay 1-1.5k you wont get that great a job.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
When its done its done and when people say that looks **** they don't care it was cheap, I don't see how anyone could be bothered doing it too cheap they still have to buy the paint, no 1 wants to work for free, If you want to save money and your handy take the door handles mirrors mouldings, tail lights, headlights, bumpers off your self and put them back on yourself don't scratch it putting it back together and don't break anything taking it off. let the painter do the rubbing. Only way I can think of that will reduce the price.

Faynt11

Feeder of Trolls
Reaction score
Members Ride
07' VE SV6 Ute
beleive me, there a places that do reprays for a grand.
there work is terrible, i charge 5k because i use quality materials and do a quality job.
some guys will use cheap material and just buzz mask and paint, i've even heard of them using vasoline on the windows instead of masking.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
yep ring around and say you want a "cash job", It wont be a show stopper for a grand but it could look ok if thats what you want.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
What do you mean when you say "fairly straight"?

Will it need any panel work? Because that will add a whole different dimension to the quote.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Have a go at doing prep. work on the car yourself. You will save a lot of money. That's where most of the time and effort goes into a spray job. And remember, the better the prep. the better the finished job.
If you just blow the new paint over the old, whatever is on the old will more than show up like dogs nuts and will look awful.