Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for a device to allow me to play CDs through my VF2 Calais

Herman Nieuwenburg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
Hi All,

I have recently bought a 2017 VF2 Calais which doesn't have a CD player. I know that I can play mp3s via usb into my car (which I have set up) as well as spotify, but I have a collection of over 4000 CDs that I like to play in the car. MyLink will only allow you to connect to it via Bluetooth so I purchased a bluetooth enabled portable CD player but I can't pair it because you MyLink gives you a code to enter into the device. The device doesn't have the capacity to enter a code.

Has anyone that has a VF2 found a way to connect a CD player to it and if so what device/s did you buy to make this work?

I'm specifically asking VF2 owners who have solved this problem because I have seen a number of comments in threads with useless responses like "are you sure you just can't find the CD slot" or "why don't you convert your CDs to mp3". None of these statements will solve what I want to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Herman

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
If you have a Windows PC, rip your CD's as a WMA lossless file and play via a USB stick.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Hi All,

I have recently bought a 2017 VF2 Calais which doesn't have a CD player. I know that I can play mp3s via usb into my car (which I have set up) as well as spotify, but I have a collection of over 4000 CDs that I like to play in the car. MyLink will only allow you to connect to it via Bluetooth so I purchased a bluetooth enabled portable CD player but I can't pair it because you MyLink gives you a code to enter into the device. The device doesn't have the capacity to enter a code.

Has anyone that has a VF2 found a way to connect a CD player to it and if so what device/s did you buy to make this work?

I'm specifically asking VF2 owners who have solved this problem because I have seen a number of comments in threads with useless responses like "are you sure you just can't find the CD slot" or "why don't you convert your CDs to mp3". None of these statements will solve what I want to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Herman

It’s probably not what you want to hear, but I simply uploaded my CDs to iTunes then copied my music directory to a USB memory stick. I can select the album I want without any trouble at all and it plays just like it was the actual CD (and often including a picture of the CD cover on the MyLink screen).

Herman Nieuwenburg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
Computer shops sell (or use to sell) usb cd dvd burners players.
Dont know if it would work on the vf system?
Thanks Lex. Looked into that. Mylink will only connect via bluetooth not cable.

Herman Nieuwenburg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
It’s probably not what you want to hear, but I simply uploaded my CDs to iTunes then copied my music directory to a USB memory stick. I can select the album I want without any trouble at all and it plays just like it was the actual CD (and often including a picture of the CD cover on the MyLink screen).
Thanks but want to continue playing my cds. I have an android phone and as mentioned I already put a heap of mp3s onto usb. Whilst that works I want to simply play my collection of cds.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Hi the kayhan system does allow you to take the cd player from a series 1 and add it to the kayhan series 2 kit . If your happy to do away with mylink you could put a Kenwood system or some other brand in that has a cd player , , it would be interesting to know if you could just make the series 1 cd player work in the series 2

Last edited:

Herman Nieuwenburg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
Hi the kayhan system does allow you to take the cd player from a series 1 and add it to the kayhan series 2 kit . If your happy to do away with mylink you could put a Kenwood system or some other brand in that has a cd player , , it would be interesting to know if you could just make the series 1 cd player work in the series 2
Yeah thanks. Checked with Holden and series 1 and 2 are definately not interchangeable. The only aftermarket device that fits the series 2 and it costs $5000 Plus installation with no guarentee of loss of functionality. I've been to 3 major car audio installers and all say there is no solution. Thats why I'm after a portable device that will bluetooth connect to the Mylink. Just wondering if someone has a vf2 and solved this problem.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Yeah thanks. Checked with Holden and series 1 and 2 are definately not interchangeable. The only aftermarket device that fits the series 2 and it costs $5000 Plus installation with no guarentee of loss of functionality. I've been to 3 major car audio installers and all say there is no solution. Thats why I'm after a portable device that will bluetooth connect to the Mylink. Just wondering if someone has a vf2 and solved this problem.
you can get this https://kayhanaudio.com.au/product/satnav-for-holden-commodore-vf/ for well under $5000 and supposably is fully compatable
or this https://www.kenwood.com/au/car/visual_navigation/ddx9019dabs/ with a loss of minimal feature for about same cost
EDIT : the first one you can use the series 1 cd player and all looks factory