Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for a device to allow me to play CDs through my VF2 Calais

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
My understanding is the series 2 head unit has all the same functions as the series 1 but some have been turned off , so I would say that it is possible to put the series 1 cd player in series 2 , but I really don't know . 2 people with a clue would be @stooge or @TazzI , this would be the most ideal solution

Herman Nieuwenburg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
you can get this https://kayhanaudio.com.au/product/satnav-for-holden-commodore-vf/ for well under $5000 and supposably is fully compatable
or this https://www.kenwood.com/au/car/visual_navigation/ddx9019dabs/ with a loss of minimal feature for about same cost
EDIT : the first one you can use the series 1 cd player and all looks factory
Hi. I did check these options with both Holden and car radio places and they apparently will only work with the vf series 1 and not series 2.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
That’s some inaccurate info you’ve been given. There are upgrade kits available for s1 & 2.

You could use a deck that allows an aux input and set up an old school stacker in the boot mounted up on the parcel shelf.

All you need is an aux input, even if the current head unit has that for things like rear seat entertainment or similar.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
They don't know what they talking about , you can definitely put any after market audio system in your vf2 as it all comes down to the Aerpro facia kit but you will lose some functions , I notice you have a Calais so you will lose heated seats if you go that route . the Kayhan will definitly go in

Last edited:

Herman Nieuwenburg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
That’s some inaccurate info you’ve been given. There are upgrade kits available for s1 & 2.

You could use a deck that allows an aux input and set up an old school stacker in the boot mounted up on the parcel shelf.

All you need is an aux input, even if the current head unit has that for things like rear seat entertainment or similar.
I've been to Northfield and Auto One as well as Holden. Can you please recommend a place where they can do what you suggest?

Herman Nieuwenburg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
I've been to Northfield and Auto One as well as Holden. Can you please recommend a place where they can do what you suggest?
The instructions provided in the user manual also say that the only devices that connect to a vf2 Mylink is by bluetooth. They specifically say you can't connect a drive via usb. Only a usb stick.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Upgrade to android auto and carplay. You are going to have to upload your CD collection to iTunes (or the android/pc version) and play via that.

If there is no aux input, then that is the only way.

Herman Nieuwenburg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
Just like to clarify that I did put a request into Holden technical area and they sent me an email response that a series one Mylink is not compatible with series 2 vf. Mylink will not connect in any way other than bluetooth. Car stereo places have told me there is no aftermarket solution for me. What I really would like is for someone who actually owns a vf2 that has found a way to play cds in there car. The only thing I can think of is a bluetooth portable cd player that can be paired to the mylink by allowing a code to be entered. Any actually done this?

Herman Nieuwenburg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
Upgrade to android auto and carplay. You are going to have to upload your CD collection to iTunes (or the android/pc version) and play via that.

If there is no aux input, then that is the only way.
Thanks already do that but that's not what I'm asking.