Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for a hard lid on a VE ssv. Any recommendations?

CouchPotato

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssV
I'm looking for a hard lid for my Ute and have no idea what's good. I was quoted $2800 by holden for a genuine but i'd much rather an aftermarket lid for the price cut around $1800. Just wondering if anyone had any info on which aftermarket places preferably in VIC are reliable and worthwhile.
kind regards
jake

rum87

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Redline Ute M6
you could check out Flat top hardlids they are in melbourne, ive got one and im in brissy and they are a good qualtiy lid and depending on the lid you will come well under the 1800 mark.

Heath17

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
Hey mate, I just had one put on in Adelaide last week. I will post some pics for you tomorrow and see what you think.

ozhavok

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ute
Get something with a twin hump for sure mate, don't go a flat lid unless that's your thing. Check out Zinardi hard lids. Don't go a dodgy eBay special whatever you do, unless you enjoy cracked fiberglass or warping in the warmer months. Not much change from about $1800 is right.

Heath17

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
Hey Jake, I had my hardlid installed at Adeladie Ute Accessories over the weekend. It is a single hump slimline lid. Let me know what you think..

Attachments

• DSCF6000.jpg
    DSCF6000.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 2,215
  • DSCF5999.jpg
    DSCF5999.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 1,317
  • DSCF6001.jpg
    DSCF6001.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 1,349
  • DSCF6002.jpg
    DSCF6002.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 1,584

BURK3Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS Z Series Ute
I'm looking for a hard lid for my Ute and have no idea what's good. I was quoted $2800 by holden for a genuine but i'd much rather an aftermarket lid for the price cut around $1800. Just wondering if anyone had any info on which aftermarket places preferably in VIC are reliable and worthwhile.
kind regards
jake

Hey mate, don't know whst model your ute is but I have a VZ and got the twin hump hard lid.

I went to a place called HSP Ute Lids in Moorabbin.... $1600 for the lid + install and have had no dramas what so ever, would def recommend them

Heath17

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
I have heard good reviews from HSP also!

CouchPotato

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssV
This lid actually looks pretty good, but unfortunately Adelaide is a bit too far and i would prefer to have shop install it for me rather than them deliver it out and I have to fit it (especially with delivery charge on top).
Thanks guys for the recommendations and after a little more shopping and research ive decided to go with HSP ute lids in moorabbin as BURK3Z suggested, didn't opt for flat-top-products as one of my workmates told me he had problems with the paint bubbling from there :S (but that was over a year ago).
Ordered a slimline hsp lid with central locking, light and safety cable release for $2050 3yrs warranty. Il post up pics as soon as i get it installed next week.
thanks again guys!