Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for a Place to Buy New LIM and Supercharger to LIM Bolts.

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
and dose the Lim description just befor the brackets section of post make sense or not?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
So my Mate that was helping me build this engine can no longer help back at work now so im prity much kastuffeld so here is the problem when putting the lim to the block i dont know the sequence to tighten the bolts same for the supercharger to lim sequence also any one know where to get custom piping that wont cost a fortune as some reason where the top radiator hose goes to the thermostat its on the firewall end of the passenger side of the car(if this sounds funny please do tell as it seems to only align that way).

Hi Brysha89, I found the information you require, as per below,
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Holden-VT-VX-VY-VU-Commodore LIM & Supercharger Rebuild.pdf
    923.3 KB · Views: 126

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
sort of helps thats the torque specs now sequence is needed ty

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
Not only do you need the bolt sizes up the top of post (they are to mount supercharger to intake) you will also need these bolts 5/16 X18 @ 1.1/4 inch high tensile grade 8.8 or above. I was able to get my hands on 200 of them and am selling them in packets of 14 There is a Limited Stock of 14 packets left here's a link to them: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mel...1-4-inch-bolts-packet-of-14-black-/1206999555

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
The new sizes listed are needed to mount the Lower intake Manifold to the block (If i had known it was so hard to find these bolts i would never have brought a supercharger kit with some missing bolts)

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
Never Mind the 5/[email protected]/4 is wrong found that out the hard way now a bolt is stuck in the head tried to easy out it but the easy out snapped inside the bolt now and the head is damaged around the snapped bolt hole so i do have the stock vt heads just wondering where i can find details to drill the injector holes as the heads are the same except for the injector ports need to be drilled out any help would be greatly appreciated as after buying s/c to lim bolts and lim to head bolts have added an extra $150 to the expenses that i did not have. when i brought the s/c kit as a whole with all top end bolts it was at a mechanics shop being stored for the owner i brought it off when i picked it up the bolts were missing and have since rang the mechanics and they said the bolts were not there, no wreckers that have these engines would ether sell/ give me just 1 to have the bolt made up and after looking and looking online for the specs the bottom lim to block bolts were wrong , i dare not try the first bolts that i brought s/c to lim bolts as i too scared to find out they are wrong too.

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
ok after finding out the hard way it is the size i got but i got unf these bolts are meant to be unc, so basicly i put a fine thread into a corse thread now i have the intake on and torqued down now since changing the bolts from unf to unc and having the thread doctor save my heads. Now any one know where all the small rubber seals go for the mace regrind kit i do know the 2 orange seals are the supercharger o-rings then there are 12 or so black seals i think they go into the rocket covers but that leaves me with 12 brown seals with 2 metal rings on each one would not have a clue where they go any help? Greatly Appreciated

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
also little brown ones with the 2 metal rings on each one dose not fit into the inlet manifold to head bolt holes little to big but it dose fit in some of the holes for the supercharger on the inlet manifold.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Do you mean the valve stem seals?

Kinda looks like one of these?
1538026e-0d85-4e3c-b973-26c843cda01d-8001377202407521670e7703f9.jpg