Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for a Place to Buy New LIM and Supercharger to LIM Bolts.

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
Hi there as the Thread head says im Looking for a place to buy new LIM Bolts and Superchager to LIM Bolts as i am building a L36 into a L67 with 8Psi Boost i have searched and searched called holden apprently they dont make them any more and said to use aftermarket bolts and the best i could find is getting the bolt specs and having them matched from a good Nuts and Bolts shop (if that would even work IDK). Be for this Thread is Hijacked i know that the stock internals can only handel a max of 10Psi for a short time so i lowered it to 8Psi to be cautious also running stock compression with stock injectors to reduce the ignition forces. I am Building this for a Burnout Car Looking to get Boost from the moment i put my foot into it for the initial power from the charger not for Drag runs.

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
Realy No One out of the 30 people that viewed my thread has an answer are they that hard to find?

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
also when buying these bolts buy ether High Tensile or Titanium Bolts i Brought the Later.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Really, you bought titanium bolts? Someone saw you coming....

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
no i could have brought High tensile steel but i got the titanium he sells both

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Titanium is for those who measure every gram on a race car, for any other purpose it's not worth the cost. Grade 10.9 or 12.8 (high tensile) would be more than sufficient, factory bolts are grade 8.8 I believe. I run the MACE spacer on our L67 and it come supplied with new cap screws which really is complete overkill when the blower bolts are only torqued to about 20 Nm and the LIM bolts are only 15Nm. highly recommend using a thread locker compound on both.

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
i will be Immortality this car is being built to be a burnout car so i went titanium so i can torque them down just that tad more because the stock torque specs allow the charger to separate from the LIM Quickly so i Did my research and titanium bolts can torque down more in N-M than High Tensile eventually i will be poring more money into it to upgrade the internals and its always nice to see shiny stuff in the engine bay those bolts will help it shine :).

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
So my Mate that was helping me build this engine can no longer help back at work now so im prity much kastuffeld so here is the problem when putting the lim to the block i dont know the sequence to tighten the bolts same for the supercharger to lim sequence also any one know where to get custom piping that wont cost a fortune as some reason where the top radiator hose goes to the thermostat its on the firewall end of the passenger side of the car(if this sounds funny please do tell as it seems to only align that way).

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
There are very specific tightening steps/sequences for both the LIM and the Supercharger. I'll post the info later when I can track down the right pdf.