Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for a spare rodeo wheel in melbourne

starkeyholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
I'm moving back to WA soon, so I've bought a trailer to move some things back.
It's one of those tubs of a hilux, and the guy i bought it off says the wheels are off a Hilux.
It's got nice shiny new looking wheels on it, but the spare looks like its been in the sea for the last 50 years and i want a spare that i can trust in.
The two wheels that it sits on are stamped J16x6JJ and have Bridgestone Dueler H/T 689 tyres on them.
I've asked around a few tyre shops to see if they have any lying around but no luck so far,
and they don't seem to be able to figure out what car the good wheels came from.

Anybody have suggestions of places to look for a new spare?

they look just like these
rims but only 6 inches wide.
Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Rossbx

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Commodore Equipe Sedan
They are 6 stud rims so you shouldn't have any trouble finding a spare for it.
A mate is heavily into 4wd's and was driving an Isuzu MU. The wheels he had on it came off an 80 series Land Cruiser.
Try looking for them at a 4wd wreckers in your area. Either cruise the phone book to find them or look them up on the internet...
Hope that helps

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Had a brand new one a few months ago and only needed the tyre so i threw the rim away.Is it a tyre or just a rim you are after??I have the new tyre from the Rodeo rim on a Landcruiser rim(16in) but the rim doesnt let the tyre hold air.The Cruiser rim had been sitting in the weather for years.If the tyre holds air your rim should be OK.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Ok, It will be of a Independent Dependent Front end 4wd, So
Mitsubishi Triton,
Mitsubishi Pajero,
Mitsubishi Challenger,
Toyota Hilux,
Holden Rodeo,
Holden Colorado,
Earlier model Nissan Nivara's,
Nissan Pathfinders
Ford Couriers

Most things along the lines with a 6 studd, that are of models without a full on diff on the front and the rear, I work in a tyre store, and we would have at least 50 of these laying around pitty there over here in Adelaide lol,

If you want to get another like that i wouldn't worry about the condition it to begin with just give it a quick coat of paint, but yeh anything along the lines of whats above is fine,