Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking For a VY II S

cgedz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II S
Hey all,

I am new around here and have a few questions about the VY's. I am super into Commies, especially the VZ and VY ute's. I am looking for one as a first car, therefore a V6. Most preferably VY series II S model. Do you recommend it? What exhaust do i need to get the sort of "popping sound" and the rumble to it? Would a 2.5" Catback do it or would i need to do anything to the Manifolds? Are ute's hard to drive? What are the best mods that are P plate permitted and sexy as ****? What are these tail lights called? (2004 Holden Ute VY II S) Is fitting an exhaust hard for the first time?

Cheers,

Callum

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Most preferably VY series II S model. Do you recommend it?

Yes

What exhaust do i need to get the sort of "popping sound" and the rumble to it? Would a 2.5" Catback do it or would i need to do anything to the Manifolds?

Don't bother, its gonna drone and sound like ass either way

Are ute's hard to drive?

Depends if you can drive a car.

What are the best mods that are P plate permitted and sexy as ****?

You can put wheels on it and lower it etc, no engine mods or exhaust mods etc are permitted and there is #### all wheels that class as sexy as ****

What are these tail lights called? (2004 Holden Ute VY II S)

I'd call them ****.

Is fitting an exhaust hard for the first time?

WD-40, spanners and flat head screw drivers again, p plater, dont bother.

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
As above just get what ever Ute you want wheels and lower it if you want maybe invest in some awesome sounds and tints. You won't need an exhaust with a decent sound system plus you won't be breaking the law and paying fines etc.

That question are Utes hard to drive? i get asked this all the time i don't really know what to say to people i just have this weird look on my face.Things i do tell them they have some mean blind spots maybe that's just me and if your a fool and have no basic car control don't get one.

One last thing do you have to get a Holden or a Ute? as there are many options out there for p platers.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Funny question that. Are they easy to drive?
They're pretty easy on the highways. Cruise nice. Plenty of power for overtaking if necessary.
Handle rough dirt roads well. Lots of nice standard features like cruise control, ABS, limited slip diff.

Around town they're OK, but longer wheelbase than a sedan so take a bit more effort parallel parking.
The power steering is a little heavier than you might expect.