Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking For Brake Upgrade

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
im looking for a full brake upgrade for my VS Acclaim SII........can anyone offer any suggestions and a rough estimate of cost thanks

G

grover

mr spares aka tony is offering some good deals somewhere here.i was reading a thread somewhere yesterday

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
My suggestion would be VY Rotors and Calipers all round with a decent pad combination like EBC pads etc. This is probably the best budget brake upgrade and similar to what Tony is selling. His prices seem to be fairly reasonable so maybe contact him for an accurate price. 296mm slotted rotors and VT Dual Piston Calipers are also another reasonably priced upgrade.

Good luck stopping

Jake

Locksmiff

Reaction score
QUOTE (OSL-060 @ Jan 12 2004, 11:20 AM) 296mm slotted rotors and VT Four Spot Calipers are also another reasonably priced upgrade.

You wont find four spotters unless they are from HSV. If you do a search of the internet, there are quite a few jap cars sporting 4 spotters stock. They would need custom brackets made and a right disc & caliper combo.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
haha Locky Gotta be quick with you around, I edited it as soon as I re-read my post .

Like Locky said 4 spots are generally HSV Calipers but can be used from R32 GTS4's, GTR's and other R series Skylines. If my memory serves me correct you have to modify the caliper mounting bracket to suit if you use the Jap 4-spots. They are a very good brake though.

Jake.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
sorry for asking so many questions which seem stupid to me...but since i have ABS will that affect my choices ? im considering the VT calipers but dont know if ill still have ABS if i fit them....

thanks for the replies guys....been a big help

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
I'll be honest and say I'm no ABS expert but I'm pretty sure rotors and calipers will have no effect on your ABS. The ABS unit itself uses a speed sensor, proportion valves in each brake line and a pump. In very short form it detects deaccleration (the wheel skidding), backs off pressure with the valve, once acceleration is detected again the pump will build pressure back up and feed it back through the line. And so forth until your safely stopped without fishtailing 50 metres further than you should have.

ABS is almost as amazing as the internal combustion engine itself in how quick it operates.

End rant and hope it offers something

Jake.

mr-spares

Reaction score
Members Ride
HRT UTE 355 supercharged
QUOTE (Gobbles @ Jan 12 2004, 01:51 AM) im looking for a full brake upgrade for my VS Acclaim SII........can anyone offer any suggestions and a rough estimate of cost thanks
I have what you need mate and no it will not affect your ABS at all. The kit is $475 + delivery. This includes twin piston calipers off the VY and 296 mm slotted rotors, two shims to adapt to the VS hub and two braided brake line. I can do the kit with the original brake lines and then you will need to change the fittings on the car to a ball flare as well a modify the brakets for $355. The braided lines are made with the VY end and the double flare VS fitting.

Cheers.

Tony.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
mr spares i was looking at your sales on ebay.....will they be available for a while ? cos a guy who owes me money is a con man and owes me $1000....he says he is paying this wednesday but i highly doubt it so i thought hmm i should get new brakes and suspension with the money

G

Grantis1976

As nice as monster stoppers are, and sometimes we need them for the extra weight in the right foot!
Just make sure u ask your transport auth., and insurer, if the fitment of Nissan brakes are legal, and be covered for insurance! Have been stung in the past with a highly modifed car, and know that these 2 large auth. will do anything to get out of a payment.
If your driving a VR-VS, get the HSV brakes from a VR-VS. In QLD, I can fit Walky brakes to my VL wagon, as they were same model. Plus it prevents the need for stuffing around with custom brackets, alignment of calipers and rotors.
Good Luck !!!