Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for ideas on paint colour for interior

Dangold

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 vs Commodore ute
Looking to paint plastic interior of my vs ute its panther micra metalic what would go good with it thanks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs statesman 304
Looking to paint plastic interior of my vs ute its panther micra metalic what would go good with it thanks
Maybe a dark red bro, black and red always go well. In my vs ute I fitted black chekerplate to the rearwall behind the seats. Looked mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs statesman 304
Oh yeah the checkerplate sounds good any pics
Nah unfortunately I sold her about two weeks ago :( but it's piece of piss to do yahself and checkerplate comes in every colour now..black interior is always classy tho

H

harrop.senator

It's really hard to change the colour of a vs correctly without it looking cheap af as every trim is grey or blue.

I've never changed anything in them apart from the occasional cluster and transmission shifter surround colour matched to outside of the car. But it's already black so mightn't seem that different.

I've just usually always chucked some pedals , a nice shifter and statesman seats and door trims in them.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs statesman 304
It's really hard to change the colour of a vs correctly without it looking cheap af as every trim is grey or blue.

I've never changed anything in them apart from the occasional cluster and transmission shifter surround colour matched to outside of the car. But it's already black so mightn't seem that different.

I've just usually always chucked some pedals , a nice shifter and statesman seats and door trims in them.
Yeah painting the trim is pain staking with all the prep work otherwise it just scratches and looks nasty, I had black carpet off ebay, stato seats, black headliner etc, a nice fresh dash mat goes along way.

H

harrop.senator

Also using the correct flexible paint. I don't trust anything less then s.e.m my price of that is $45 a can but there's a reason it's Rolls Royce , Mercedes and BMW warranty compliant.

My senator just had some ridiculous Mexican af low rider seats in it and a Nardi . But I think cause of the climate and the suede door trims it looks so gangster even with seat covers.

If I don't have leather seats I always run touchy uncle spec seat covers.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I cringe at painted interiors. There’s someone on a Commodore Facebook page that is going waaaaaay to far with things. everyone keeps encouraging them to deeper down the painted rabbit hole and make it worse.

It’s cheese.

If you paint it, do it tastefully with factory colours, finishes. Freshen it up. Much better IMO. A VS can be worth something now, don’t let your future self be kicking your now self for wrecking one what would have been a mint VS.

Dangold

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 vs Commodore ute
Thanks guys love the ideas

Attachments

• Resized_20211018_112954.jpeg
    Resized_20211018_112954.jpeg
    553.1 KB · Views: 187