Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

looking for info on my vk

D

dook

hi, i have vk-BT1, Just wanting to know if somebody can send me a link to a site that will show the records for my vin, body and engine numbers, just trying to find out the hystory of it.

thanx, holden lover all the way

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
umm sorry to say but there isn't any site with early girl history. Only site i can think of is here, you ask the questions, we give you the answers.
So far i can tell you have an old police spec VK. Nothing that special really.
VKs don't have a VIN number as well.

D

dook

well to your statement about vk's not having vin number's i'd you to tell me what this is, which is located on the compliance plate under my hood, and inside the front cover of the owners manual,,,,vehicle indentafication No.(VIN) J964240. i showed my brother your your car, and he would like to know what is so special about your sl/e being the he had one and the were nothing stated the there were only 50 made.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Well i have been told by some ppl that worked at Holden at the time, 1979, that there is about 50 VB SL/E 308 packs built. Mine has the 5 litre motor and M21 aussie design and built close ratio 4 speed manual. Thats why my SL/E is so special.
Also in my VB-VK Holden parts catalogue/numbers it states nothing about VIN numbers. Has build codes, model codes and the alike but thats it.

Last edited:
D

dook

if you dont mind, can you show me proof that they made that little of a run, i have a mate with me now that also has a vb sl/e, although he knows his is just and sl/e he also is sceptical. plus vk's much a man's car mate.........

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
My proof is private so no i won't share sorry. But here is a pic of my build plate
VB-SLE-ID-1.jpg

Also whats the bit about a VK being a mans car??? I'm not here to start crap.

D

dook

your bit about early girl history, maybe you ment nothing by it, but at the time, i thought you had a dig.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Nah nah, the VBs-VKs are often called early girl commies, thats all. Sorry if i have confused you, didn't mean to ;)
Anyway i do have a fav VK, the mighty VK SS Group A/Group 3 and VK Calais.

D

dook

ok, thats fine man, i also have a vk calais, but the calais is running an rb30

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Ohhh sounds like a neat cruiser.