Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for new car... VF Sv6 .. Reliablity?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Only "retail auctions" are open to non-dealers.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Next time i go to the Pickles auction i'll tell the car yard boys they are getting ripped off and all these years have been at the wrong auction.

They should only go to the retail Auction. Dam lucky i follow this forum or i would of not known this.

Urm not.

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Anyway, this guy wants to buy a VF so i think the best peace of advice is to spend time studying the price of the ride.

Once he has educated himself he can front up to an auction and bag himself a bargain versus hitting up a friggin car yard.

He also needs to get a new mechanic, if his guy tells him the VF still has timing chain issues he is not a mechanic i would be using.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Yep,… which translates to “us plebs get the dregs“ :rolleyes:
I think that's a big "it depends", if it's something that's in good nick & the person disposing of it could be bothered it'll go to the auction where it's more likely to get a higher price ... so it could be that "the dregs" are the good ones. :)

Next time i go to the Pickles auction i'll tell the car yard boys they are getting ripped off and all these years have been at the wrong auction.

They should only go to the retail Auction. Dam lucky i follow this forum or i would of not known this.

Urm not.
I can't help it if the real world dictates popular cars can cost no less at auction except you can't drive them or check them over or anything like that under auction conditions ... I don't control the real world!

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
the days of buying 2 year old poverty pack commodores and falcons with 40-70 ks 15-20 grand are long gone have to settle for the Korean Japanese those be the cars that fleet buyers are getting now

and i just read that all the car rental companys are rushing to buy new cars expecting high demand when the lock downs ends so that another reason there a short supply of new vehicles

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
At the end of the day the smart money is on doing ones home work and really dialling in what you want. Once you do this you can get on with the show and save your self serious money.

The dudes that must buy a car yesterday will forever pay the premium.

I have zero problem with this simply because business is business and the money is to be made from the plebs.

All good.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
except you can't drive them or check them over or anything like that under auction conditions

also in many cases you get no warranty/acl protections if it is sold by auction.

Terry57

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Evoke Wagon
Yer, that's spot on.

I did mention to buy a vehicle that has a full log book service history done buy a stealer, not that this is to be taken as gospil. ?

Fleet vehicles and Gov vehicles are the target here.

I drove my VF strait to my long term mechanic and he said it was all good, you possibly could get a dud but the same risk you take buying from any car yard or even dealer.

Life is not perfect my friend, the real ticket comes with education, patience and a little bit of dog fook knowledge.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
our o5 vz exac came from the pickels auction at gateshead and we did take it for a test run back in 07 ex newcastle council car 67000 ks on the clock cost $16700 fixed price and about 5k cheaper and you also save on stamp duty too

check out all the car yards and we did a big search from newy to sydney and out west

it was well maintain by the log book but the first thing we did was to have it service by holden in case there was a issue and we had to make a warranty claim there was a year left

all the people i know who have brought cars from auction have taken cars for a test drives maby ask them after all they want your money
as for vz its done 151ks now had all the water leaks issues fixed over the last 10 years replace the ecm back in june

Last edited: