Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for new car... VF Sv6 .. Reliablity?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Could be a great parts car but I’d think it would be repaired … after a cut and polish she'd look new… :p

How much will it sell for? No idea but if it’s being auctioned off, the insurance company thinks it’s either uneconomical to repair or some structural parts is bent so a writeoff in either cases. If the later, it means it’s a parts car.

I haven't taken it for a test drive yet but my initial assessment is a bit of tyre black and she should be good to go.

Damaged Holden Commodore HSV VE VF SSV SV6 Omega Gold Coast (salvageautosales.com.au)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
the acl statutory warranty does not apply to vehicles sold at auction nor does the consumer guarantee, a seller can offer a warranty but that does not enable acl because products purchased via "auction" are exempt.
Yeah,… ACL applies for clear possession and clear title but not for things like acceptable quality. With respect to acceptable quality, and I’d expect its similar for other aspects like fit for purpose and such, ACL states:

54 Guarantee as to acceptable quality​
(1) If:
(a) a person supplies, in trade or commerce, goods to a consumer; and
(b) the supply does not occur by way of sale by auction;
there is a guarantee that the goods are of acceptable quality.​
So unless case law exists and has been able to undo the clear wording above, which I doubt, acl claims around acceptable quality are toast…

I‘d expect misrepresentations and such are still covered by ACL but haven’t checked those sections (it’s a pain searching on iPad as I haven’t rtfm) :p

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
and i just read that all the car rental companys are rushing to buy new cars expecting high demand when the lock downs ends so that another reason there a short supply of new vehicles

The news some time ago was that rental companies sold all their cars.
I went to the Newcastle Airport about 2 weeks ago, and the rental car park was chockers, along with the renters that get parked at the servo on the entrance road.

PS ... if you do go out there for a 'lockdown exercise drive', don't get lost at the new roundabout.
I was talking, not really paying attention to where I was going, and had a panic attack because I didn't recognise where I was.
Luckily, no traffic, as I stopped on the roundabout to get my bearings. o_O