Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for some new wheels...

Wayne J

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 SS V Sportswagon
G'day Everyone,

I'm new to both this forum and the world of Commodores. We bought an '08 Sportswagon SS V a couple of weeks ago, now considering an aftermarket wheel.

Currently have the factory 19" wheels, I find the low profile tyres a bit too much for our rural Tassie roads and am considering going to 18". I have an idea of the style wheel I'd like - deep dish and possibly a staggered set, with the rears as wide as I can get away with both legally and in terms of fitting with any issues. I have a a couple of brands/model wheels I have in mind being Simmons FR and B45s, or the Vertini Drift.

I'm told my suspension has been raised a little (hard to believe as it's already so low...) and the car also came with the original springs.

Anyway, I have no idea if this deep dish type of wheel is realistic for a Sportswagon? Any advice or suggestions most welcome, anything to save time and/or save problems down the track would be great, cheers
121218_porsche_911_2.jpg
b45-17-inch.png
Vertini Drift (2).jpg
121218_porsche_911_2.jpg b45-17-inch.png Vertini Drift (2).jpg 121218_porsche_911_2.jpg b45-17-inch.png Vertini Drift (2).jpg 121218_porsche_911_2.jpg b45-17-inch.png Vertini Drift (2).jpg
IMG_20200326_152118-01-.jpg
IMG_20200326_152515-01-.jpg

Wayne J

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 SS V Sportswagon
Looks like this forum is dead.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Forum is not dead, almost 60 views yesterday on this thread, perhaps no one can give you the answer you seek. Patience 'rasshopper.

Wayne J

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 SS V Sportswagon
Forum is not dead, almost 60 views yesterday on this thread, perhaps no one can give you the answer you seek. Patience 'rasshopper.

Hmm, looked at other threads, not very active?

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
well don't post here try somewhere else, wheels are a personal thing something that you like others don't.

Wayne J

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 SS V Sportswagon
well don't post here try somewhere else, wheels are a personal thing something that you like others don't.

Yeah, OK. I was also looking for advice on clearances etc. as well. But never mind. I'll piss off somewhere else as advised.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yeah, OK. I was also looking for advice on clearances etc. as well. But never mind. I'll piss off somewhere else as advised.

OR you could use the search function to find the info you're after.....there are plenty of threads on rim diameter, width, offset and clearance issues.

Also, people don't just sit on here 24/7 waiting for someone to ask a question. Maybe they haven't responded coz they are sick of repeating themselves to every lazy newbie who wants someone else to do the work for them.

Wayne J

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 SS V Sportswagon
Yeah. You can go and **** yourself too. I did look, and those threads are a dog's breakfast.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Looks like this forum is dead.

Forum isn't dead, have some patience.........….Your thread hasn't even been up for 24 hours yet

Hmm, looked at other threads, not very active?

You've been a member for approximately 48 hours, you honestly have no idea how active this forum gets
The reality is people don't bother replying to the same questions being asked over and over again
"What Wheel" threads are about as popular and active as "What Cam" threads nowadays

Well if you're not happy and this forum doesn't meet your approval standards...…..See you later

You can go and **** yourself too

Proud Of Yourself.gif

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
forums are a little quieter on Sunday OP, gl finding what you are after.

don't forget you can use VF wheels, also 2008? how's the suspension after 12 years probably a bit sad maybe some new springs/shocks would be required too.