Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

looking for someone to stroke my vs to 383

moco

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 turbo
yella terra are doing a positive displacement for 6k for the 5 litre, and no other mods required. this might be the way to go

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
That's not too bad. I'm not sure what advantages the positive displacement blower has over the centrifugal blower or vice versa. You would have to ask someone with more supercharger knowledge. I reckon the positive displacement blowers look better though lol. They sound good too.

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
Positive displacement supercharers are constantlly on boost, whereas a centrifugal style supercharger builds up boost as the revs build, similar to a turbocharger. Positive displacement superchargers provide more low down torque and quicker power delivery, and usually pull better times on a quarter mile run than compared to the exact same car with a centrifugal charger.
On the other hand, centrifugal superchargers increase power with revs, so the more revs, the more boost, and the more power. They generally produce higher horsepower over positive displacement but lack the low down punch straight off the line.

Obviously each car and setup is different but that is a general comparison between the two styles of superchargers.

dunno85

life's a garden dig it
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss 6L 6speed
check out the raptor thread on this site good price and good power gains. i was allso wanting to go 383 stroker with come ttb but got talked into a l98 with head and cam package otr extractors duel 3inch and 6speed gear box.cant beat the sound of a good stroker but..

moco

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 turbo
yeah, they said the same to me. they want 19k for the 396 stroker. Better off just charging it or getting new ride. Problem is I love the holden 5 litre too much and not really into ls engines, eventhough they are nice.

dunno85

life's a garden dig it
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss 6L 6speed
yeah, they said the same to me. they want 19k for the 396 stroker. Better off just charging it or getting new ride. Problem is I love the holden 5 litre too much and not really into ls engines, eventhough they are nice.

yep im not geting much change from $25 grand either way i went the only reason i went with the l98 option was because the place im geting my engine built didnt seem all that keen to do a stroker..