Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

looking for someone to stroke my vs to 383

moco

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 turbo
Hi,

I want to stroke my vs 304 ute to 383. does anyone know of a good competant and reliable person to do this? How much approximately? And the rough time for the process? I want to get some good power out of it. I currently have a sports exhaust, genuine holden cai and 195kw chip. It has heaps of poke but I am in need of more. I am also exploring the option of dropping an ls2 in it. The engine is $5,500.00 and need to know approx costs for a complete engine swap and whatever else thats needs to be done, or would it work out better to just stroke it to a 383.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Come racing do a 383. Probably not much change out of $10k once you get a manifold, injectors, tune etc etc etc......

If you want something seriously fast, sell the VS, add it to the $10K and buy a VX SS and then get a exhaust and tune. Will be a seriously fast car.

Reaper

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Aren't 355 kits worth around the 10K mark? I thought 383ci kits were worth more than 10K? If you are gonna stroke to 383ci, your best off freshening EVERYTHING up on your block, not just pulling it apart and doing the stroker kit. I mean GO THE HACK.

Most likely will be over 10K, then add labour if you aren't doing it yourself. It will sound ****ing beserk (304 stroked to 383), but if you don't care about sound, it would probably be better to just buy an LS1 and do some mods to it like a tune, exhaust, OTR CAI etc.

moco

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 turbo
Thanks. So you think a vx ss with good exhaust and tune will pretty much have the same gains if not more? I'm thinking of possible getting a ve 6 litre, but i like the vs design and would consider a new transplant. do you think it would be possible? Or maybe just supercharge it the way it is?

moco

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 turbo
I want fast, but totally controllable. I dont want to have to leave it at home when its pissing rain.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Aren't 355 kits worth around the 10K mark? I thought 383ci kits were worth more than 10K? If you are gonna stroke to 383ci, your best off freshening EVERYTHING up on your block, not just pulling it apart and doing the stroker kit. I mean GO THE HACK.

Nah - around $6k for something worth having. That does not include intake and tb though. Add another few for a new tb and intake if you are buying new. 383 starts getting very expensive as you need to hit water to get room for the crank which is a very specialized job.

Most likely will be over 10K, then add labour if you aren't doing it yourself. It will sound ****ing beserk (304 stroked to 383), but if you don't care about sound, it would probably be better to just buy an LS1 and do some mods to it like a tune, exhaust, OTR CAI etc.

Yep - 100%.

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks. So you think a vx ss with good exhaust and tune will pretty much have the same gains if not more? I'm thinking of possible getting a ve 6 litre, but i like the vs design and would consider a new transplant. do you think it would be possible? Or maybe just supercharge it the way it is?

Bang for buck = VX II 6 speed right now. Much better chassis and awesome gains available with those motors for relatively little money these days.

Reaper

moco

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 turbo
i might take up your advice. at the moment they are just ideas. I think i may just supercharge it soon. Raptor or yella terra? Good cam and headers. should accomodate my needs.

moco

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 turbo
just got quoted 13k for come to do the stroke to 383. still have to pay someone to re-fit and take engine out for me. I think ill spend 6k and supercharge it. Anyone know of any reasonably priced chargers??? I am thinking yella terra...............................

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
$6k will see you with a good blower set up labour inclusive i'd say. Centrifugal or positive displacement supercharger?