Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking for tips for cleaning interior of VF calais

AngeloVf

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Vf CalaisV
Hi i was wondering what tips people have for cleaning the perforated leather and alcantara on the seats and dash of the VF. looking for recommendations of the best products to use. I have had bad experiences with the leather as i used meguairs leather wipes which left an oily residue on the leather, and have never used a product on the alcantara. also open to any tips on keeping the interior plastic chrome clean and streak free - thanks!

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
There are plenty of leather cleaners and conditioners on the market that do a good job and everyone would have their own favourites.

I used to be a fanatical fan of Zaino Z9 Leather Cleaner and Zaino Z10 Leather Conditioner as the leather smell it left behind was fantastic but the formula has been changed and it’s not quite the same now but it still does an excellent job looking after your leather.

I’ve also used Duragloss 441 Leather Shampoo and Duragloss 221 Leather Conditioner and it also works well.

To add some extra protection from the sun I also apply 303 Products Aerospace Protectant over the seats to help keep them in top condition.

None of these products are greasy and they all leave a matte finish.

With the Alcantara I have a bottle of Bowden’s Own Faba Cadabra which I’ve only used once and as with the Leather I apply a thin wipe of 303 Products Aerospace Protectant over the surface to protect it from the sun.

Bowden’s Own also supply products for looking after Leather and even though I haven’t tried them, all the Bowden’s stuff I have used does a good job.

VF2Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 Calais
Bowden’s have a fantastic range for interior and exterior.

We all love our Australian made cars. To me it is fitting to support Australian made car care products.

Bowden’s have a leather cleaner and leather conditioner (Leather Love and Leather Guard). For the alcantra Fabra Cadabra as mentioned. Used on my Calais since new and still looks great.

Mattricho

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV my15
I use autoglym leather cleaner and leather conditioner. I find the conditioner needs like 2-4 hours to get soaked into the seats so I’ll clean and condition in the afternoon and leave over night and it smells amazing (to me). Once it’s soaked in it’ll leave a nice natural leather look.

This is how I do the leather cleaning

I’ll then leave it for 10-15 mins to dry then I apply the leather conditioner with a applicator pad.

As for the Alcantara I just use a damp cloth (water) and dab the Alcantara then get a dry cloth and gently wipe it in one direction..

You could also do it like this guy -

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM-FbFIBoC

As a side note AMMO NYC’s YouTube channel is really helpful for all of this stuff.