Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking to buy a Calais V Tourer

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
A little googling of High Ride suspension reveals the Calais Tourer has the same suspension as the Colorado. Makes sense when you think about it's intended habitat (unsealed roads).

It has truck suspension?:eek:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
A little googling of High Ride suspension reveals the Calais Tourer has the same suspension as the Colorado. Makes sense when you think about it's intended habitat (unsealed roads).

Rear leaf spring??

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Toss-up there for credibility, Holden brochure vs Google.

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
Toss-up there for credibility, Holden brochure vs Google.
Yes it seems from my experience that the Holden brochure may be wrong. It was in terms of advising the type of front suspension. It has now been fixed in a recent brochure.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Haha, if someone bought a wagon, and relied on Holden's brochers stating that the vehicle had HiPer struts, and this feature was what drew them to look at the vehicle which they subsequently bought, then the product was missrepresented. It's a no no in terms of ACL and likely other laws.

Should one be pissed enough at not having that feature, they could either demand Holden sort it out and retrofit the HiPer struts as it was advertised to have, or take it back with a full purchase price refund. It would be an interesting case to read about should it end up infront of a tribunal :cool:

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
Just looking through the brochure and there is no mention of flexride for CalaisV but my CalaisV Tourer definitely has flexride. I might have to look under it and see if the front suspension is McPherson strut or the other.

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
I have a Calais v tourer and there is no flex ride on mine. You need to have continuous damping control which is only on the VXR.

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
This is flexride. You can adjust between sport, normal or auto. Left in auto it will adapt to your driving style. There is even a Holden YouTube video explaining "how to use flexride in CalaisV and CalaisV Tourer".

Attachments

• 20191120_220657.jpg
    20191120_220657.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 186

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Nope, multi-link rear suspension according to the brochure.
You said it had the same suspension as the Colorado and now you say it has multilink rear suspension?