Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking to buy a Calais V Tourer

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Yep, make sure what ever you buy is first registered July 1st 2018 or later...

Good review Steve (although one reason I bought the RS-V over the RS was because of the engine noise when you floor it... :) an active exhaust would be an option I'd tick...)
It is a great sounding 6, and it was an attractive trait . On occasion though, we are finding it a bit raucous. Its more of an observation than a negative. You are right on with the active exhaust though.
Overall, we'd buy again with no hesitation.

green_comet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST
The car you linked was one I was interested in as it is pictured at Alan Lance in Melton and I live in Melton. Unfortunately though the car was not there and the useless sales woman told me they didn't have one in their inventory. I'm not sure if they actually have the car though as the LMCT listed in the add is for PAR Leasing which is located on Old Geelong rd Footscray. I think Mance and PAR leasing are affiliated in some way though. I didn't bother looking into this one much more though as Alan Mance have lost 4 sales from me in the past through their incompetence. If the car is in fact available though I doubt you will find cheaper for what is essentially a new car.

I got a call from one of the sales people there earlier, she told me the car is at Alan Mance Holden in Melton. It's just not on show and is out the back, so I'll need to ask to see it when I get there.

I also notice on Carsales they have the same car listed twice, one with 100km and the other with 2150km...

Car 1
Car 2

Last edited:

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I got a call from one of the sales people there earlier, she told me the car is at Alan Mance Holden in Melton. It's just not on show and is out the back, so I'll need to ask to see it when I get there.

I also notice on Carsales they have the same car listed twice, one with 100km and the other with 2150km...

Car 1
Car 2
I suspect the dealer is using a "stock" photo for both listings. No plates on the photos.
A trifle lazy.....

green_comet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST
Possibly, the rego plate (1OY2JQ) is the same in both listing though.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Possibly, the rego plate (1OY2JQ) is the same in both listing though.
Plot thickens. Sounds like my experiences in WA at dealers.
"Yeah-nah. The advertised car has just been taken home for the weekend by the manager. But you can have a look at this other one which is very similar."

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
I've just had a massive string of bullsh!t from Watson's Holden too...

I don't understand car dealers - they have people actively wanting to buy cars, yet continue to lie, cheat & deceive...

Is there a thread anywhere on here where sh!tty dealers can be named & shamed?

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
Probably the same woman I spoke with (Alisha), has an American accent. I had a look at a Calais there and asked if, they had a V and she said no so we looked at an Acadia but they only had a base LT on show so I asked if Footscray had an LTZ or a Calais V to look at too which she replied I can get an Acadia LTZ brought up but there are no Calais V's available within there dealership. Typical behaviour from Alan Lance. Looking at the listings you linked the LMCT for the $41950 car is listed as PAR Leasing and the $40,990 car is listed at Alan Lance Footscray so who knows if they are legitimate adds or not. With them making the clerical error;) of both having the same rego you can only see the 1 VIN. I would call and ask to speak to the new car manager and see just which car if any is actually available before going there and wasting your time. Either that or go there and just show them the adds they have placed and ask for an explanation.

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
I've just had a massive string of bullsh!t from Watson's Holden too...

I don't understand car dealers - they have people actively wanting to buy cars, yet continue to lie, cheat & deceive...

Is there a thread anywhere on here where sh!tty dealers can be named & shamed?

Would be quicker to name the good ones if there are in fact any as you will find turds in all dealerships.
The last 3 Holdens I have bought came from the same group (mantello) 2 from Sunbury and my ZB from Roxburgh Park. I went to Alan Mance to buy my VF Redline but it took 3 days to get a trade in value, when the salesman called me I told him not to bother because I had just bought one all within 1 hour of walking into Sunbury. The next car was a new Astra for my sister and Mance didn't want to accept my offer so I rang Sunbury while in there showroom and bought The car over the phone giving them a deposit on my credit card. The ZB was bought from them purely because it was what I wanted and was the cheapest advertised car on car sales. The sales manager Steve and salesman Jesse at Roxburgh Park were both very good to deal with and Jesse knew absolutely everything about the car he was selling and that is rare in my experience. The only complaint I have with Roxburgh Park is their finance guy Michael trying to package an extended warranty in with the finance by saying that it would cost x amount per week including an extra 3 years of extended warranty to which I quickly said no.

kos

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Lt
arsevee
You have got the car and somethings not right. what did the dealer do or not do.