Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking to buy a Calais V Tourer

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
Probably the same woman I spoke with (Alisha), has an American accent. I had a look at a Calais there and asked if, they had a V and she said no so we looked at an Acadia but they only had a base LT on show so I asked if Footscray had an LTZ or a Calais V to look at too which she replied I can get an Acadia LTZ brought up but there are no Calais V's available within there dealership. Typical behaviour from Alan Lance. Looking at the listings you linked the LMCT for the $41950 car is listed as PAR Leasing and the $40,990 car is listed at Alan Lance Footscray so who knows if they are legitimate adds or not. With them making the clerical error;) of both having the same rego you can only see the 1 VIN. I would call and ask to speak to the new car manager and see just which car if any is actually available before going there and wasting your time. Either that or go there and just show them the adds they have placed and ask for an explanation.

Or go elsewhere, and when you've bought the car, go back to Alan Lance and show the sales manager, or even better the general manager...

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I've just had a massive string of bullsh!t from Watson's Holden too...

I don't understand car dealers - they have people actively wanting to buy cars, yet continue to lie, cheat & deceive...

Is there a thread anywhere on here where sh!tty dealers can be named & shamed?
I tried to name and shame some years ago on this forum but the moderator "adjusted" my thread to remove the name.
That was in regard to a dealer in Perth, who had multiple outlets.
Maybe the forum rules have changed now. @immortality or others?

green_comet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST
How are you guys finding the 3.6l V6 with fuel usage? Been reading a few reports that it's not all that economical.

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
How are you guys finding the 3.6l V6 with fuel usage? Been reading a few reports that it's not all that economical.
For what it is - a 235kw V6 in an 1800kg car - I've found it surprisingly good. A recent trip up the Hume HWY, 4 people and gear sitting mainly on 110 saw an average of 7.3.
For our day to day driving, our Ford Focus had a long term average of 8.5 on 95 octane, the RS-V is sitting on 9.5 for the same driving.
Most manufacturers claims are unachievable in the real world, but ultimately driving style and city/hwy mix will vary usage greatly.

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
Mine is sitting on 9.9/100 but I'm still getting used to a petrol engine after having a Diesel for the last 2 years so have been driving a bit harder than I normally would. The car only has 1700km on it but I don't expect economy to improve with age. Unfortunately they are not the most economical vehicle but tbey are heavy and AWD. By comparison my old VF 6.0L V8 averaged 11.7 and that was not driving easy but on the freeway it was unbelievable with consistently achieving under 7L/100.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Couple of questions about the V6.
1. What was done to get 235kw compared to the last VF 3.6?
2. Has GM fixed the timing chain issue at last?

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
There are a heap of changes in the ZB LGX engine compared to the VF LFX engine from different heads, oil pump and bore spacing it is a complete redesign. As far as cam chain issues go who knows but it is a completely different set up.

green_comet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST
OK, we test drove that Calais V Tourer for about an hour yesterday, both me and the misses drove it for a while. We both really enjoyed it, smooth, quiet, interior was very nice with plenty of space, heaps of features, and it went quite a bit harder than I was expecting. From Holden we went straight to our local VW dealer to compare it to a Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (we were considering) that they had in stock there, after a look over and a quick drive we both much preferred the Calais V, as did my old man who tagged along for the tests.

Think we're going to pull the trigger on one, just need to start negotiating the price with a few dealers.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
OK, we test drove that Calais V Tourer for about an hour yesterday, both me and the misses drove it for a while. We both really enjoyed it, smooth, quiet, interior was very nice with plenty of space, heaps of features, and it went quite a bit harder than I was expecting. From Holden we went straight to our local VW dealer to compare it to a Passat Alltrack Wolfsberg (we were considering) that they had in stock there, after a look over and a quick drive we both much preferred the Calais V, as did my old man who tagged along for the tests.

Think we're going to pull the trigger on one, just need to start negotiating the price with a few dealers.

This is similar to my experiences comparing the ZB with Volkswagen group cars (VW Arteon R and Skoda Superb Sportline). There was an intangible quality missing from those cars, it's really hard to describe in words. The wife and I both liked the ZB more (and the heavily discounted price didn't hurt either).