Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking to buy a Calais V Tourer

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
Did you end up finding out if Lance actually had a car?

green_comet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST
Yeah they had it there, it was the one I drove. Had 3000+ kms on it now and they were using it as a service car.

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
This is similar to my experiences comparing the ZB with Volkswagen group cars (VW Arteon R and Skoda Superb Sportline). There was an intangible quality missing from those cars, it's really hard to describe in words. The wife and I both liked the ZB more (and the heavily discounted price didn't hurt either).

Yeah, I looked at a Passat, but it was thoroughly uninspiring - just like being in a bigger Golf. Dull interior.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
Yeah, I looked at a Passat, but it was thoroughly uninspiring - just like being in a bigger Golf. Dull interior.

If I'm being honest, the interior of the VWs aren't that bad compared with the ZB which is really vanilla - you can have any interior colour you want as long as it's black.

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
If I'm being honest, the interior of the VWs aren't that bad compared with the ZB which is really vanilla - you can have any interior colour you want as long as it's black.
Unless you're in Europe or the US - beats me why they didn't offer the light interior here...

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
I read it somewhere that Holden's market research said that black was so strongly favoured there wasn't any point offering different interiors to the Australasian market. I think the truth is probably that it was significantly cheaper to maintain less parts on the books so they made the call.

VFRDLN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB CalaisV Tourer
Yeah they had it there, it was the one I drove. Had 3000+ kms on it now and they were using it as a service car.
Typical. Carsales used to keep on top of dealers placing dodgy adds. I'm sure there will be some legitimate decent deals about just get on the phone and if your set on the CalaisV you can always buy over the phone to make it easier. There is also a new company called mogo.com.au that is a free to use service that will let dealers know what you want and they will email you a price. There are not a heap of dealers on board with them but it may be worth a try. I was considering an Acadia before buying the ZB but dealers are not moving much on the price of the LTZV model but through logo one contacted me with a price that was reasonable and way below what I was quoted at the dealer.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
These cars go alright when you ring them right out. Had my first service now and its fully run in so its time this puppy earned it's keep:).
Done 7500 km's now.

Chalks1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 CALAIS ZB V Tourer
I pulled the pin on one of these, coming from a 2014 SS Sportwagon.
Its a great car & my first drive was bringing it home from Melbourne (to NSW South Coast).
Of course I miss the horses of the SS, but this car just feels more rounded. Its more luxurious inside, has more features, & drives great.
the engine has a nice sounding purr.

btw, who ever thought I might need a massage seat in a car - pure genius?