Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking to buy a Calais V Tourer

Chalks1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 CALAIS ZB V Tourer
I got a call from one of the sales people there earlier, she told me the car is at Alan Mance Holden in Melton. It's just not on show and is out the back, so I'll need to ask to see it when I get there.

I also notice on Carsales they have the same car listed twice, one with 100km and the other with 2150km...

Car 1
Car 2

I called them out on this. I had a spreadsheet of the cars I was looking at. Told them i wanted the price for both, they said they only had one, I said well theyve got different KM.
At the end of the day they werent keen on wheeling & dealing, neither was Brighton Holden.

I spoke to Chris & Patterson Cheney, Vermont. Told him the car I was interested in, told him the trade in vehicle details & told him my changeover figure.
A couple of phone calls & we were close enough to make a deal sight unseen on both cars, my new car & the trade in car.

There was no issue when I actually turned up. He was a pleasure to deal with. They also had another Calais V Tourer demonstrator on the lot [Hint, Hint]

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
I called them out on this. I had a spreadsheet of the cars I was looking at. Told them i wanted the price for both, they said they only had one, I said well theyve got different KM.
At the end of the day they werent keen on wheeling & dealing, neither was Brighton Holden.

I spoke to Chris & Patterson Cheney, Vermont. Told him the car I was interested in, told him the trade in vehicle details & told him my changeover figure.
A couple of phone calls & we were close enough to make a deal sight unseen on both cars, my new car & the trade in car.

There was no issue when I actually turned up. He was a pleasure to deal with. They also had another Calais V Tourer demonstrator on the lot [Hint, Hint]

These people sound like serial liars - net result is that they've lost a sale to someone else. I highly recommend you take your new car into the stealership and show it to the sales manager...

I never got any real interest shown by Brighton Holden either; they were quite dismissive...

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
I found Brighton Holden would not move much in this advertised price . At times they had about 9 Calais V Tourer to sell. All about 39k with about 6k on the clock. All ex GMH cars.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Review I’ve recently read praise many aspects of the ZB Calais V Tourer. However one thing of importance, for those that keep their cars for a few years, is depreciation. On that front, the ZB Calais is amongst the worst in the market and is a poor value proposition as a result. According to Redbook, ZB Calais V Tourer has a three five year retained value of a mere 17% :eek:

So no need to haggle with dealers, if they don’t want to sell at a price to entice you to hand over some cash, so be it. Simply wait three five years and then buy a used one with bugger all kms for peanuts. I’m sure there will be many low km GM executive driven vehicle about ;)

Three Five years down the track you may score such a Calais V Tourer for $9200 (new RRP $53,990 @ 17% depreciation on a 3yo = $9200) :p

(edited)
Oops, five years depreciation is 17%, not three years as initially mentioned.

Last edited:

kos

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Lt
In 2/3/4/5 years time electric cars will arrive and maybe year by year get to an affordable price.
What any ice cars are worth then is a good question.
Let’s say you pick up a zb Calais now for 32k run it for 4 years at 30 k per year. It’s worth 6 k at 4 years cost you 28 k over 4 years excluding finance cost. So that’s 7 k a year or roughly 120 a week not too bad in my book.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ yes don’t disagree.

However the point is that the Tourer’s projected depreciation is much worse than other similar ICE vehicles and what happened due to EV’s will impact all ICE vehicles so ‘unloved’ Tourers will still be unloved.

With the increase of affordable EV’s, two things will occur.

The first is that our government will notice the reduction of fuel excise income which will result in differential pricing of electricity those ICE vehicles will consume (smart meters will finally become very useful) OR a road usage tax will be brought into being.

The second thing that may occur is ‘smelly’ ICE vehicles become unpopular by the masses thus reducing the market size and price of ’normal’ used ICE vehicles. In this context if a Tourer has a projected abysmal depreciation rate compared to other vehicles, then it’s future achieved sale price will be even worse than expected (well again because unloved is unloved).

benny66

Benno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY14 Calais V ZB MY18 Calais V
According to Redbook, ZB Calais V Tourer has a three five year retained value of a mere 17% :eek:
Is there a web site where I can see this 17% quoted? It seems pretty severe as the car will just be out of factory warranty.

kos

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Lt
Big changes coming with ev ,s.

Do you know why Toyota can’t supply their hybrid models to meet demand / several month waiting list.

What is the reason they can’t meet demand. Is it some component or raw material that’s an issue.

What will happen to petrol prices when Ev s arrive

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Is there a web site where I can see this 17% quoted? It seems pretty severe as the car will just be out of factory warranty.

Skylarking is quoting Redbook, so I suggest it is available there.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Do you know why Toyota can’t supply their hybrid models to meet demand / several month waiting list.

Probably trying to secure non-Takata air bags...