Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking to lower ute - need some advice

Scriv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Hey guys,

I'm looking to lower my SV6 ute for a few reasons:

• Personally I think a slightly lowered ute looks a lot better
  • It would be nice to get some better handling and less roll from the car when cornering (I'm not expecting miracles from a car this size though)

I do tow a boat occasionally so I'm not going to go crazy and lower it too much.

What I'm not too sure about is the best option, brand or where to get it done in inner Melbourne.

There's lots of talk on the forums about King springs. New springs are what lowers a car? And do they replace existing springs in the car? What role to shocks play and why is it suggested that they are also replaced?

Realistically, am I going to get better/flatter cornering with an upgrade?

And what would be a decent price for slightly lowering the front and lowering the back by a little more than the front?

Also, I might be going a little too far here, but are anti-roll bars a decent option?

Last edited:

IRON8

Let It Rip
Reaction score
Members Ride
'VTank SS , VG/VR Ute
just get super lows for front and lows for the rear if your gonna be carrying loads.. you buy kings by the pairs anyway so you can which ever way you want as the ride height dosnt affect the price, although you probably will need shortened rear shocks if you go super low in the rears.. but the set up as above is best for utes if its going to be used as a "ute" otherwise you can get two different heights for the rears as they are 10 minute job to swap over..

Last edited:

Scriv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Okay, thanks for that.

Can anybody recommend a place to get this done in inner Melbourne?
Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

ronnny

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SS Ute
Suspension city. Fast and cheap and use king springs and will do it as low as you like

JamesyYz125Brap

Reaction score
Members Ride
60th Anniversary VE SV6 Ute
I got SSL king springs in the rear on my sv6 ute, and i have 22''s and its pretty good , if you have stock wheels it'll still make it look nice and it'll still drive nice if you are towing.
I left the front tho as the 22's closed most of the gap, but tbh if you go SSL king springs all round you'll be looking at about 450-500. It cost me 240 to do just the rear
King springs SSSL are a little too low i think.