Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking to make 250kw give or take VL

LooseVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl exec 88
Hey fellas,

I’ve got an auto 88 model na vl.
I’m looking to convert it to turbo in the near future and I want to know what is the best way of doing so ??

What parts do I need for a good responsive reliable 250-300kw give or take ?
Thank you in advance

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs statesman 304
Hey fellas,

I’ve got an auto 88 model na vl.
I’m looking to convert it to turbo in the near future and I want to know what is the best way of doing so ??

What parts do I need for a good responsive reliable 250-300kw give or take ?
Thank you in advance
Don't quote me but I think the turbo had a different bottom end and injectors etc. Same as they did with the 3.8 eco to the l67. If you can do the work yahself get an ebay intercooler kit (the $800 one not the $300) and then by a garret to suit your engine size. Atleast if it blows you still have time to source an ls1 haha

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Don't quote me but I think the turbo had a different bottom end and injectors etc. Same as they did with the 3.8 eco to the l67. If you can do the work yahself get an ebay intercooler kit (the $800 one not the $300) and then by a garret to suit your engine size. Atleast if it blows you still have time to source an ls1 haha

Doubt they'll reply...Haven't been on since the original post

H

harrop.senator

If he does on the cheap it's an intercooler kit , td06 25g or t67 25g kinugawa , mamba or Arashi on cast iron manifold.

750cc drop in injectors warlbro 255 , nistune and 35 maf.

Bit more money you want a Borg Warner s257 enhanced or 252 for Ultimate spool and loss of top end.

On a rex kelway manifold.

Clive reground cam in somewhere between 218 and 230 @ .050 and .470-500" lift.

Performance valve springs.

Mmm LS head gasket with arp studs.

Adaptronic/haltech/link , id2000's , warlbro 460 and a turbo smart fuel pressure regulator.

The n/a block is much better for turboing the the turbo one.