Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Loom connector identification

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
Got a wiring loom here, just puzzled about some of the connectors.

1001655.jpg

Now i think A is reverse lights and E is vehicle speed sensor. No idea on the others. Maybe starter motor?

Any help?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
looks a hell of a lot like the vr auto wiring i was messing with on the weekend D is all the shift solinoids connector on the auto i worked on

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the VSS is definatly manual "E" does "B" have four round plugs in it with only 3 wires connected

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
allso the vr had the O2 sensor wiring on the same harness so thats one of those plugs too.i talked to my mate about his manual conversion he can sort you out with the stock VS ecu you just need to runn the VSS wire to the ecu and sort the reverse lights

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
Well basically what it boils down to is there's nowhere on the gearbox to plug D, so no idea what that is.

Are you saying i could cut off E plug and just run that to the ECU independently and then wire the reverse lights independently?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yeah D will be just be hanging there empty for manual its the shift solinoid feed to ecu. E requires switched ignition power and earth and the purple is pulses to ecu you can get the switched power from the stock VS loom from the auto solinoid power feed which is switched with ignition on.then you only need to find an earth in the harness or earth the black sendor wire to the box and run the purple wire to the ecu. reverse lights just need to run up into the interior where the auto shifter wires are so you can attach to the old wires off the auto shift

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yip theres a second pin on the ecu for manual VSS input